Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom, Chris & Fat Cat Do The NZ Hot Rod Show!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom, Chris & Fat Cat Do The NZ Hot Rod Show!

Hi Ray,Christine and I are just back from the NZHRA Nationals in Christchurch, as usual we went there in Fat Cat, our ‘55 F100. So here are some random photos from the event. The odometer pic is of the mileage when we got home. (I replaced the glass with orange Lexan in my youth!) The picture of the Y-block is interesting- the six jug intake is home made as are a lot of bits on the motor and the Model A it is in. The owner is a guy inhis 70’s and is, ah, ‘different’ to say the least. The big cube FE motor with the blue electric water pump is destined for a ‘62 Galaxie that at present runs mid-11 quarter miles and the owner aims to break into 10 second times with this new motor. The other motor is strong and powerful 427. And finally a pic of the blunt end of Fat Cat while we waited to head out on a cruise. More to come!Regards,Tom

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    '59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
    "It's Hip To Be Square"
    Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or (Cell) 210-875-1411 (Home) 210-674-5781

http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Final comments & pix from the NZ Hot Rod Show from Tom.
    Hi Ray, The last pics from the Nationals! The picture of the Buick and Model A was staged as they were the poster cars for the event, the Buick is owned by a member of Delta Rodders, the club that I’m a member of. The 427 motor is in the really nice black ‘63 Galaxie, an immaculate car. The blue Morris bus won people’s choice award. ( decided by the public who attended the show) The last two are of the motor and the ‘32 Ford it is in, can anybody identify the motor? Regards,Tom.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    '59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
    "It's Hip To Be Square"
    Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or (Cell) 210-875-1411 (Home) 210-674-5781

http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Oops! I forgot to mention there was one solitary Thunderbird there, a lovely turquoise ‘59 hard top.
      Dont know where all the other birds had flown off to.
      Last edited by YellowRose; April 22nd, 2019, 11:58 PM.
      A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

Working...
      X