Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom & Chris ~ Mrs. scumdog do Timaru, Caroline Bay Rock & Hop Show.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom & Chris ~ Mrs. scumdog do Timaru, Caroline Bay Rock & Hop Show.

Here is what they had to say. "We took our F100 Fat Cat to the above event (the pic of it is outside the Steampunk HQ) at Timaru and had a great time, as usual I sought out any Thunderbirds and took photos of a few. The black ‘66 was incredibly straight and in show room condition, notice it has a passenger side mirror. (there was also a light colored Flairbird next to that '66 that I could see too). There would have been eight or more Thunderbirds ranging from ‘56 to ‘66."

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    '59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
    "It's Hip To Be Square"
    Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or (Cell) 210-875-1411 (Home) 210-674-5781

http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Stunning pics Tom and I love your ol' trusty brown Fat Cat. I particularly fancy the baby blue SB with continental and chrome dress up kits. That's the color combination I will paint our '55 Customline. Nice bunch of classics, there.
    My latest project:
    CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Tom also thanks for the pics. Dave we have one of our club members that has a 60 convert in that colour with the white top. Gets a lot of looks for sure
      Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Thunderbird Registry
      58HT #33317
      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

My most favorite color is black and chrome with red interior. That was my last T-bird but it was a bear to keep clean. My Mustang convertible was 'arrest me red' with a 351W that begged me to unleash it on the interstate every day. I'm settling down now and a nice medium blue & Corinthian White is right up my alley. I want something the neighborhood dogs don't bark at every time I'm tooling around. That means I have to keep it quiet too.
        My latest project:

--Lee Iacocca

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys.
          If you look carefully at the front of the hood on the black Flairbird next to the ‘57 Tbird you can just make out a dotted line, the owner bought the car in the US and drove it all over the States and painted the dotted line from one painted on state to the next. The licence plate also indicates this.
          A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

Tom thanks as I never saw that originally. Cool
            Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
            Thunderbird Registry
            58HT #33317
            60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Here is a larger picture of that Black Flairbird where you can see the dotted lines painted on.

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or (Cell) 210-875-1411 (Home) 210-674-5781

Comment

We’re now at the Beach Hop at Whangamata (yellowbird knows how to pronounce that!) and already I’ve seen about a dozen Tbirds from ‘55 to ‘66, I’ll get Ray to post some pics when I get some.

Comment

Tom & Chris sent more pix from the Beach Hop. Here is what they had to say and the pix...

"Hi Ray
                  More pics!
                  The ‘67 Galaxie is this years give away car at the Beach Hop, some lucky entrant will drive off in it on Sunday, note the rebuilt motor with fuel injection under the air filter.
                  The ‘65 belongs to a friend (yellowbird knows him too) and he’s just had it painted.

More photos- one just a random pic of a ‘grunty’ motor in a Camaro.
                  There’s something not right with the ‘55 Ford, the owner claims it’s an original ‘55 Crown Victoria with a 312 Thunderbird motor?
                  The dash says ‘56 and there’s no ‘basket handle’ going over the roof. But then what do I know!

I thought this bus was cool and the crew on board looked like fun! As for the last picture of the light blue four door sedan, who knows what this is? Tom"

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Comment

"Hi Ray, Here’s some more pics, the blue ‘59 seemed fairly ‘grunty’ and I thought Dave (Simplyconnected) would appreciate the fact the owner has fitted alloy heads to the motor. I’ve seen about four Flairbird convertibles so far and a couple of Babybird convertibles. Only seen about a total of four Bulletbirds so far with Flairbirds being the most common model.The Mercury was one sweet number, I really liked it. The other pic is of the motor residing in a roof-chopped Galaxie, it’s a bored and stroked 460. (I may have already posted you that pic) Regards, Tom."

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Comment

Well we didn’t win the ‘67 Galaxie and the Beach Hop finishes tomorrow so we’ll be packing up and heading the 1000 miles plus for home including a three and a half ferry crossing.
                      getting a little under 17mpg so it’ll take another two - three tanks of gas.
                      (At almost $10 a gallon I’ll be cruising at the most economical speed I can!)

Comment

Wowwww! Nearly $10 a gallon, and I thought the $2.29 a gallon that I will pay today when I gas up was highway robbery! Gas has gone up again here, but nothing like there! Safe travels and thanks for sending all the pix to enjoy!

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Comment

Tom ~ scumdog, sent me an update on their longgggg trip back home! Here is what he had to say!

"Hi Ray,
                          I really appreciate your efforts in posting those pics. We are now on the inter-island ferry on our way back to the South Island and home, we’ll stop off at my brothers in Motueka for a couple of days then have a soak in the natural hot mineral springs at Hanmer Springs to ease the aches ( the F100 rides kinda hard!) and after a day or so at Hanmer head on the last leg to Balclutha and home, we’ve been on the road for over a fortnight and it will be over three weeks by the time we get home! Regards, Tom."

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Comment

Awesome pictures, Tom.
                            My latest project:

--Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
                            X