Announcement

Collapse

Down for Maintenance

Squarebirds.org will be down for a few hours on Sunday morning (Feb. 24th) just after midnight Eastern Standard Time, for maintenance. Eastern time is Coordinated Universal Time (or UTC-4), for all our international members. - Dave
See more
See less

Guess what?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Guess what?

The last time i saw this 58 Tbird for sale was from the Hymer car sale group in the State's.
    IF ANYONE FINDS T-BIRDS FOR SALE ON THE NET HERE IN ENGLAND! LET ME KNOW AND I WILL CHECK IT OUT .
    We have records of most T-Birds here and any that get in to England for our club.
    E-Bay motors can be a scam so all be careful.
    Kev.

Comment

>Alexander, definately a scam!!! There's an ascMcLaren on
      >e-bay right NOW, for sale in England! The guy stole the
      >photos off my message board for E-Bay. I called the owner.
      >The car is in Niagra Falls, N.Y. as I type this in his
      >garage!!!! All of those with western union and all that "I
      >need to really know your are a buyer" deals are fake !!! I
      >to wrote to e-bay! I don't think they really care, the
      >problem has grown too large - too fast!!

It's really too bad that Ebay and those like it won't take a firmer stand on these issues. Someone needs to be proactive in tracking down these leaches and putting them where they belong. Behind bars.
      ~Travlin

Comment

I do think most people know and/or can spot them. His opening bid for the car was $10.00. The car's really worth $12,000. After 7 days, there were ZERO bids on it, but yes ... E-Bay needs to weed these characters out! I agree!

Comment

>I do think most people know and/or can spot them. His
          >opening bid for the car was $10.00. The car's really worth
          >$12,000. After 7 days, there were ZERO bids on it, but yes
          >... E-Bay needs to weed these characters out! I agree!

Maybe they're finally listening! The very same zippertop was being offered on Ebay again -- This time it was listed as being in Central FLA. All the other details were the same ... Preapproval and all that.

I wrote to Ebay's customer svc and explained about the last time it was listed, what had happened, and pointed them to Hemmings where the car was being listed for real. I'm sure several other folks prolly did too.

Ebay apparently pulled it.
          ~Travlin

Comment

Working...
          X