Putting Headers on my 352

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting Headers on my 352

I have a 60 bird with an intake leak in the rear of the motor and have a exhaust leak in on the right side in the manifold. The manifolds look like they have never been off of the car and appear to be rusting and look like they are falling apart. My question is there a set of headers out there that will match up with a 352 without a lot of fabrication work?
    Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks Craig

Originally posted by cap3030 View Post
    I have a 60 bird with an intake leak in the rear of the motor and have a exhaust leak in on the right side in the manifold. The manifolds look like they have never been off of the car and appear to be rusting and look like they are falling apart. My question is there a set of headers out there that will match up with a 352 without a lot of fabrication work?
    Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks Craig
    Unless there has been a recent change, FPA headers are the only ones that fit in the game for the Sguarebird. http://www.fordpowertrain.com/

I don't have a set, but I have heard nothing but good reviews on them.

Comment

Thanks, I couldn't find the website but I found a phone number and was able to call an order a set.

Comment

Originally posted by cap3030 View Post
        Thanks, I couldn't find the website but I found a phone number and was able to call an order a set.
        how much were they? I can't imagine they can be a worse nightmare than what I went through to change the manifold gasket, same as you, started leaking out the back of the manifold, ended up having to take off the whole top end, heads, intake, just for a 5.00 gasket!
        Scott
        South Delta, BC, Canada
        1960 White T-Bird, PS, PB that's it
        Red Leather Interior!
        www.squarebirds.org/users/sidewalkman
        Thunderbird Registry #61266
        http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_g...ibrary/trl.htm

Comment

They start at $650 and go up depending on customization. Took about 8 weeks but they are beautiful! If you get them need to drop them in before you put the heads back on makes it easier. I haven't got the motor running again yet still putting back together hope to finish this week.

Comment

Cool, send pictures when it's done. I'd like to see it. Must be a puke to work around the PS box. Here in Canada, we have a thing called Collector Plates, so with that you get cheap insurance. The caveat is you have to either have the car bone stock or period correct modifications. I'd Sawzall the PS box out of mine and put in rack and pinion, but it would nullify my plates. The 6 turns lock to lock is enough for me to yank the box, but having to pull my intake manifold and heads to fix an exhaust leak was enough to almost push me over the edge!
            Scott
            South Delta, BC, Canada
            1960 White T-Bird, PS, PB that's it
            Red Leather Interior!
            www.squarebirds.org/users/sidewalkman
            Thunderbird Registry #61266
            http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_g...ibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Working...
            X