No announcement yet.

Rebuild Kit for Carter 4441 Fuel Pumps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took the plunge and bought a couple of fuel pumps and now have them in my possession. First, the fuel pumps sold by z11pacer on eBay for the 430 have a 4441 tag on them. z11pacer says they are made by Borg Warner but I have not been able to confirm that. They look exactly the same as the Niehoff 4441 pumps I have. Although z11pacer lists a selling address of NJ, they are shipped from NY and if you have them ship to a NY address, you have to pay NY sales tax.

The Airtex 6848 looks the same as as Carter 4195 to me except that it does not have the third port, which we don't need. The connections are slightly different but nothing major and they are $55 at AutoZone compared to $100 for the 4441 pump from z11pacer.

I bought an in-line fuel pressure gauge so I now I can check the output from my fuel pumps to see how well they are working. My guess is that some of the fuel pumps I thought were no longer working properly may in fact be OK.

I also bought a glass bowl fuel filter ($20 a Mac's) so I can see if there is gas flowing through the lines.
    sigpic "Old Betsy" - my '59 convertible J9YJ116209 Thunderbird Registry #33341

Comment

Working...
    X