X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Trading Post Thread

This thread will run continually, as long as it is being used. I will NOT restart it every two weeks. You can list anything in the way of parts that you have to trade for. Other members can do the same in this thread. If you and another member have something you would like to trade for, you can contact each other through email or a PM. Obtain that persons email or telephone number and conduct the trade off the system. That way we will not tie up this thread or system resources.

Once the transaction is completed between the two of you, the persons involved can either delete their entries or if you cant, you can notify me by PM or email and I will.

Squarebirds will not be responsible for the transactions that occur between you. That is between you and your fellow member to settle any arrangements amicably between yourselves.

Post a list of parts that you have for trade. Not just a general statement that you have stuff to trade. When looking for things to trade for keep in mind that a lot of parts on big Fords from 1958 up to about 1965 will work on our Thunderbirds. A lot of the parts numbers are the same.Put everything you have to trade in one post, not a bunch of little posts. It will be less clutter that way. As you trade things, take time to edit your posts and delete those items off it. Here are a few things that you should post regarding your items you are offering for trade.

* Condition - worn out, good, new, unknown
    * Tested? - like a radio, starter or generator
    * Manufacturer - original, repro, 3rd party
    * Part # - if possible
    * What it came off of - The Year and model of your Squarebird, Bulletbird or Flairbird

If you have other criteria that should be indicated, let me know by sending me an email or a PM so I can add to this.

You can start posting NOW! If you like this, let your fellow members, administrators and moderators and me know. If it does not do well, or if problems come up, it will be discontinued.

Items on eBay and other items offered for Sale will continue to be posted as For Sale items inside the For Sale Forum, but out of this thread...
    Last edited by YellowRose; August 13, 2009, 05:02 PM. Reason: Changes in procedures

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Trading Post Thread

I am starting the Trading Post again for this month, but it was only used a couple of times the last two weeks. We will see what kind of use it gets these next two weeks. I do not know how successful it might have been so far for ya'll. I did win that ashtray insert, which is like new. I still am looking for another one to replace the one I have that has rust in it. If anyone has one please let me know.
    Last edited by YellowRose; August 13, 2009, 05:07 PM. Reason: Additional comments

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Trading Post Thread

I have noticed that the Trading Post thread is not being used. I suspect it might be because I said that I would erase everything every two weeks. I will not do that anymore. You can post what you have and it will be there for all to see for as long as we run this Trading Post. If it does not get used, sometime soon down the road, I will delete it. See the original post at the bottom for new instructions regarding the Trading Post.. As the old saying goes, "Use it or lose it!"

Comment

• 57ford/60thunderbird
        Experienced
        • May 4 2009

i still would like to trade my power window set up for someones manual windows i have everything except the switch pod

all i need in trade are your 4 manual regulators and window cranks

from me you'd get the wiring /4motors/4regulators at the moment i dont know if the motors work but if someone is interested i can try to "temp " rig something to see if they are good they shoukld be rosie only has 78k miles on her

you pay the shipping to get your parts to me i pay the shipping to get my parts to you

im in hamilton ohio 45013 pm me here or email me at stangrunner@fuse.net

im also looking for a hood mine has rust pin holes all through it but a hood is too big to ship
        57 ford sedan
        60 thunderbird registry number 33404
        69 mustang coupe
        69 roadrunner

Comment

• brandonian
          Apprentice
          • Aug 4 2007

Hey, there's an ashtray/insert on ebay right now. First bid is 20 bucks. I remembered you were looking for one!

Comment

Hey Brandon,
            If you look real close you will see what looks to be rust in the bottom that has been painted over
            Richard D. Hord

Comment

• protourbird
              Experienced
              • Apr 29 2008

I have the engine and transmission out of my 60 Thunderbird for sale. I would prefer to sell them as a pair but I have listed them separately on eBay. They were both rebuilt in 2003 and ran and shifted strong. They are crated up and ready to be shipped which would be the responsibility of the buyer. Go to eBay item number 170387361556 for the engine and 170387363513 for the transmission.
              sigpic
              Jim

protourbird

Comment

• Howard Prout
                Experienced
                • Feb 11 2009

Wanted - 430 left exhaust manifold

I am still looking for a left exhaust manifold for my 430. Please email or PM me if you have one. Thanks
                sigpic "Old Betsy" - my '59 convertible J9YJ116209 Thunderbird Registry #33341

Comment

• brandonian
                  Apprentice
                  • Aug 4 2007

door panel retainer cap pieces

Anyone have or know where I could get a set like these?

Thanks!

Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by brandonian
                    Anyone have or know where I could get a set like these? Thanks! Brandon
                    Brandon, they look familiar, but don't know what they are. maybe something for the door trim/molding? Tell us what they are and we can direct you to a supplier. Otherwise, just try Larry's Tbird or Birds Nest or Tbird HQs, or there are many other Tbird suppliers available.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Brandon are these the chrome door plates that are attached to the door panels?Another way of describing them would be when you have your door open and look at the end are they chrome? I looked at my 60 and although they are attached, look very similar.
                      Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                      Thunderbird Registry
                      58HT #33317
                      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Hey Guys,
                        Are they chrome or stainless? If they are stainless they may be cleaned up and polished! It chrome I would send them off and have them re-chromed!!!
                        Richard D. Hord

Comment

• brandonian
                          Apprentice
                          • Aug 4 2007

They are the cap pieces that go at the top edges of the 1960 door panels. I've tried a few places and haven't been able to track them down! My blue bird didn't have them when I got it, and the red and white bird don't have them either. I'll try Thunderbird Headquarters, and Larry's, but I'm not going to hold my breath! I found one set for my blue bird through Tbirds by Nick, but they weren't in the best of shape.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                            Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Brandon as Richard stated getting them chromed should not be an issue provided the integrity is intact. Failing that and other parts suppliers John Draxler at Thunderbird Ranch parted out a lot of birds so he might have some.
                            Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                            Thunderbird Registry
                            58HT #33317
                            60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Console speakers ...

I have a set of new replacement speakers from my 60'. $25 for the pair + shipping from 80487. Mike

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎