X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Sold!~1959 Squarebird~Tweety Bird!

I have made the decision to sell "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" AKA "Tweety Bird" due to age and other issues.

BTW, I have been asked if this means that I will be leaving the Forum after selling Tweety Bird. My answer is NO! I will continue on in my capacity as an Administrator for as long as possible.
    Last edited by YellowRose; May 31, 2019, 08:13 AM.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • Penelope
    Super-Experienced
    • Mar 4 2008

Very sad to hear that Ray, but if it gives you more time on this big globe, then so be it!

Good luck with her sale.
    sigpicBill
    Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

• bird 60
      Super-Experienced
      • Mar 18 2009

Ray, I also am saddened to hear about you and Yellow Rose divorcing, due to, as you say age & other issues. I can understand the age, but I'm hoping the issues are nothing serious. I am also glad that you are still to remain in the Club, as your presence has been very, very helpful over the years.
      Wishing you the very best my friend.

Chris.....From OZ.

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

For Sale~1959 Squarebird~Tweety Bird!

Hi Chris! I had not thought of it in the terms of a "divorce", but in trying to find her someone a lot younger who will be able to provide better care of her than I can. The other issues have to do with aging, and all that comes with that, and not being as able, nimble and adaptable to our extreme heat during much of the S&S season around here. Which can be three quarters of a year... Thank you for your comments, and I do plan on staying on here until they run me off....

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• Wyldie
          Apprentice
          • Dec 22 2016

Hey Ray

Sorry to see you selling this wonderful car, I'm sure you've thought long and hard, good luck with the sale and moving on in your life. She looks beautiful in the advert and I'm sure even better in person

Comment

• Dan Leavens
            Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Ray understand your reasoning for putting " Tweety Bird " up for sale as she has been an integral part of our site in her restoration. All of us, at one time or another will have the same decision to make as I did last fall, when I sold my 60. It allows someone else to enjoy the beauty of our classics

I do plan on staying on here until they run me off....

I am also happy that you will continue to " do what you do " on our site, as your input and passion does not go unnoticed by our members.
            Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
            Thunderbird Registry
            58HT #33317
            60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• ssj335
              Experienced
              • Jul 13 2018

Sad to hear she must be sold. If I was Ms Money Bags I would be all over this. But I will have to get used to the idea that you will no longer have her.

Comment

• lexdownunder
                Apprentice
                • Sep 7 2010

Really sorry to see you are selling your beloved "Tweety Bird' Ray. You don't realize how much a car can become a major part of your life until it becomes time to sell.

I know when I sold my '59 last year (for similar reasons to you Ray), I found the hardest part was watching it drive away with the new owner.
                I was particularly lucky because the new owner is just so "in love" with the car & I know he is taking great care of her.
                He told me if he could get it through his front door, it would be parked in his living room.

Good luck with the sale Ray & I'm sure Tweety will go to a fabulous home.
                Cheers
                Lex

Comment

• scumdog
                  Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Ray, if I had the $$$ I would buy it in a heartbeat!

It would stand out here in NZ like (as they say) a pit-bulls bollocks!
                  A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• Ron of Chicago
                    • Feb 21 2012

I am sure that it is a difficult decision for you Ray. I too had to let one of my vehicles go to a new owner. As we get older the once "Hobby" can be a difficult one to maintain with limited income and raising costs . I have just talked to a long time friend of mine and he is looking to sell his longtime friend due to his age. It becomes difficult to work on these cars. The mind is always willing but the body says differently. I have spent many years in the repair of our beloved vehicles and now it is getting difficult, not to mention expensive on retirement. I am very pleased to see that you will remain here as you are an important piece of the success of this forum. I wish you well.

Ron of Chicago

Comment

• YellowRose
                      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi Ron, thank you for your comments. It took me quite some time to make the decision to put her up for sale, but I finally made it. I see you have been down this road before, and I am sure there are many others who have come before me that have also. Since then, Lance has fixed the problems I was having with her, repairing the carb, replacing the OEM fuel pump, the AC so that is working again, and cleaned the gas tank, which was not all that old. He also put non-ethanol gas in her. That is all they sell. He said ethanol gas is really wrecking havoc with old classics like ours because they were not built to handle that kind of gas. She is back in very good running condition again. But so far, he has not had a worthwhile offer for her. It is my hope that someone in Texas will buy her and keep her in the State, but I may not have to much to say about that... As for staying on the Forum, that is my plan. It keeps me involved and quite active, helping others and keeps me from becoming a couch potato...

Comment

• Ron of Chicago
                        • Feb 21 2012

Ray, keeping busy on a site like this is great therapy. And you are great at it. I wish you well.
                        Ron of Chicago

Comment

• Coral
                          Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Completely floored I am... however I can commiserate... Hugs dear one .... I hope only someone worthy lays down an offer

Comment

• YellowRose
                            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi Cathie, it is great to see you post again! I hope you are well and enjoying life in Texas now! Yes, it was not an easy decision to make, but at my age now, it was becoming more and more difficult to keep her in good running condition and clean and ready for car shows in this Texas heat. In fact, in recent years, I have not even taken her to any for judging when she was operational because the trunk is already full of trophies... Now she is operational again, and it is time for someone else to enjoy her and put some more trophies in the trunk!

I have something that I would like to tell you about. If you will tell me in a PM when is a good time and number to call you at, I will do so. Or you can call me at 210-875-1411...

Comment

• Buckaroo
                              Experienced
                              • Jul 24 2013

Ray, I just noticed this. Sorry to hear you are divorcing her, maybe someone adopting her is a better comparison. Glad to hear you will stay on the forum. You have been a great help and inspiration for Dena and I as we worked on out Tbird. We hope you find a great home for it.
                              Dena & Dennis Gorder
                              1958 Coupe
                              Registry # 3422

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎