X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ssj335
    Experienced
    • Jul 13 2018

Convertible Package Tray

Curious if anyone has one to sell. I may need to sell some parts in order to buy this but just wondering. Thanks!
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Your odds of finding a rust free one are about the same as winning the Mega-Millions; and will probably cost almost as much.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• OUR5T8BIRD
      Experienced
      • Mar 1 2017

Originally posted by ssj335
      Curious if anyone has one to sell. I may need to sell some parts in order to buy this but just wondering. Thanks!
      Hard to find and very expensive if you do find one. I would recommend a flipper tray to use for metal parts to repair a package tray if that is what is needed . A body man with good metal skills is then needed also . If you go this route , Timsthunderbirds has one in his inventory and very reasonable listed on ebay. Believe he is in your area .

Comment

• ssj335
        Experienced
        • Jul 13 2018

Thanks. Not the hugest deal if I don't find one I'll keep my eyes open. It's not something that people are going to see really. But I figured I'd ask in case.

Comment

• jopizz
          Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

The purpose of the package tray is to give the convertible top a place to be tacked down and to cover the space between the trunk lid and the back seat. As long as the top doesn't come loose in the back I wouldn't worry too much about how it looks underneath. A good body man can make it look a little bit better than it does now without replacing it. Replacing one involves untacking the top, pads and rear window and repainting the new one to match the car. Not an easy job.

John
          John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
          jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Convertible Package Tray

Kirsten found one on feeBay, but it was a bit rusted and would probably take a good metal man to fix it and a lot of money. Hers works okay, but someone did a repair job on it that has a lot to desire. I found that the Bird Nest has several, including one that is rust free for an arm and a leg, and more and he did not sneeze or laugh when he said it. Good ones are hard to find...

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
            The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
            Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
            https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• p38fighter
              Super-Experienced
              • Oct 14 2016

Package tray repair

I'm no pro but this is about 40 hours of my time. It can be done. This tray was substantially fiberglass in critical areas. The PO thought Bondo was structural judging from what I've found in the car.
              Attached Files

Comment

• simplyconnected
                Administrator
                • May 26 2009

WOW! That's a very nice job. You can work on my car body anytime. Nice to see all that plastic filler replaced with real metal. - Dave
                Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎