1960 J code 430 Sunroof For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960 J code 430 Sunroof For Sale

Ed Malcolm sent me this email regarding his 1960 Thunderbird Golde Top Sunroof with 430:

Hello!! My name is Ed Malcolm. I am interested in selling my 1960 T-Bird. Unfortunately due to an illness I am losing a good percentage of my vision from glaucoma. I have had this vehicle for a number of years but have been unable to restore it to the condition I would like. It has been stored inside for about the last 37 years. I used to start it once in a while but haven't for about 15 years or so.This is a "J" code, factory sun roof with the 430 engine. I have done some work to it, minor dent in the front header panel. The prior owner backed into it with his pickup and the hitch dented the header and bent the horizontal grille bar and the center vertical grille bar. There is damage to the left rear qtr panel behind the wheel opening, a rust area on the left front fender towards the front where the tab bolted onto the inner fender skirt. The right front fender also has a small rust spot in the same area. The undercarriage and floor pans are solid. The carb has been rebuilt and installed. I purchased a new fuel tank and sending unit that is yet to be installed. I have not hooked up the fuel lines to the carb. spark plugs are new. The engine turns over but has not been started for some time. The mileage is 89,100. To my knowledge this is the original mileage. The body is in pretty good condition. The dash pad is sagged over the glove box area. The seats have been redone. Needs tires also. The vin # is 0Y7lJ130097. I can send photo's if anyone in the Squarebirds club might be interested! I know this model with these options are what some people seek but are hard to find. I'm only asking a fair price but would like to see it get a good home and with someone who has the means to restore it or maybe just drive it the way it is? I am asking in the neighborhood of $12,500. I believe this is a fair price, given the rarity and the condition it is in. if anyone is interested, please email me at ednshirla@hotmail.com. Thank you!!
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@verizon.net 856-779-9695

http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Working...
X