X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fordrodsteven
    • Sep 24 2016

Wanted - Thunderbird interior parts for a modified '55

Hi All,
    I am currently deep into a project (modified 1955 Thunderbird) and there is plenty of time for this deal to happen. No rush... I'm just putting it out there. Right now my body is off the rusted '55 frame and I will be putting it onto a '56 frame. I need to make the mods to put in the drive train. I have a 302 w/ auto transmission (from a 1980 bird) that is the planned drivetrain at this moment. I have made a few small modifications to the dash. I plan to mostly keep the body looking original.

The reason I am here is to see if I can purchase or trade for some parts. I would like to get bucket seats, console and steering column (column shift with tilt) from another later year Thunderbird or some other Ford model (1958 through 1980) Hoping for black vinyl or leather seats in decent condition. Power or manual is not important. Condition is not super important though because I can recover seats if necessary but would expect price to reflect condition.

If anyone has something, a full parts car or just the interior parts I'm open to discussion. I'm on a retirement income so I might have to take a week or so to come up with the cash once a deal is made. I can also trade a running, insured, registered and inspected 1988 Buick Reatta. It is a 30 year old car and the body is not perfect but also not very bad. No rips or tears in the leather interior. It does need a new air compressor for the AC.
    The only other thing for me is that I don't want to pay a lot for shipping (large parts). Hoping to find success within 300 miles of Boston, MA.
    Thanks in advance
    Steve
    Last edited by fordrodsteven; January 6, 2019, 11:12 AM.
    Steve
    1955 Thunderbird project in process
    Tee-bird registry # 63034
    CTCI member #37081
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎