X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JBird
    Experienced
    • May 22 2005

430 Valve Cover needed ASAP

I need at least one smooth 430 valve cover for my 59 T-Bird. If you have one (or a pair) for sale or trade let me know. I can trade one from a 1961 Lincoln with the PCV tube on it for one without. I also may have other parts to trade.

Dave

RE: 430 Valve Cover needed ASAP

I am new to the list so I am not sure if you already have this taken care of. I have a pair of valve covers from another 430 THunderbird and a set off of a Lincoln that look the same, no PCV valve. No dents, but either set will need cleaned up and painted. Email me and I can send you pictures if needed. I live on Ohio and can ship them by post office, fed ex, UPS, whatever you prefer.

Kevin Wallenhorst
    60 Thunderbird 430 Car Unrestored Original

Comment

• JBird
      Experienced
      • May 22 2005

RE: 430 Valve Cover needed ASAP

If they have the combs like this one I'd sure like to get them. The later covers have a tab instead of a comb which is actually much better. The spark plug wire insulation used to wear out and break down because of vibration and the spark would short to ground causing a miss. The bad thing was you didn't even see a jumping spark. It wasn't until you slid the wire in the comb that the miss would go away. Bad design or not they are visual stock and what I need. Do they have the combs spot welded to the tops or do they have the tab where the plastic wire comb plugged onto?

Comment

• JBird
        Experienced
        • May 22 2005

Found a pair!

They look nice all painted up.

JB

Comment

• Alexander
          Webmaster
          • Oct 30 2002

RE: Found a pair!

A little elbow greae and they should look great in black. Glad you found them.

Alexander
          1959 Hardtop
          1960 Golde Top
          Alexander
          1959 Hard Top
          1960 Golde Top
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢