X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jopizz
    replied
    Larry,

If the dipstick tube screws into the pan then it's not a C6. It could be a C4. 1969 trucks had both types of transmissions. I suggest you get the part numbers off the transmission so we know exactly what you have. Anything else is a guess and you will wind up spending more money on incorrect parts.

John

Leave a comment:

• Larry Tappen
    replied
    john, sorry I didn't get back to about this dipstick issue. this trans has a screw on dipstick tube. so my delima is what is the correct length of said dipstick. I did by one from one of the bird suppliers a while back.The one they sent me was only 27 inches long, way to short. I hope this helps, thanks Larry.

Leave a comment:

• jopizz
    replied
    Larry,

If your transmission is from a '69 truck it could be a C6 or a C4. My guess is that it's a C6. Does the dipstick tube push into the transmission. If it does then it's not a '64 cruise-o-matic. The tube on a '64 transmission screws into the pan. My suggestion is to buy a new tube/dipstick for a C6. You can get them at Jegs, Summit Racing and many other auto retailers for $20 or less. Here's one from Jegs that will work for most C6's. Finding the correct length dipstick to match the tube you have is going to be next to impossible so it's best to replace both.

https://www.jegs.com/i/RPC/707/R9424/10002/-1

John

Leave a comment:

• Larry Tappen
    started a topic transmission dip stick

transmission dip stick

need help from all you bird lovers. my 64 bird came with a 69 truck 390 motor. the motor runs great, the problem is no trans dipstick. i'm not sure if the trans is from original 64 or from the 69 truck. the dipstick tube is very long about 38 inches or so. this length seems like it would be from a truck. does anyone know what length stick should be I've tried a regular 64 dipstick but its way to short, thanks, larry.
Working...
X