X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tbirdmike63
    Experienced
    • May 4 2017

Horn Not Working

Hey everyone, I recently took of my steering wheel to replace the bearing sleeve now my horn is not working, I do have a cruise control car, did I forget to hook something back up that would cause my horn not to work, I don't remember disconnecting any wires? Thanks!
  • OUR5T8BIRD
    Experienced
    • Mar 1 2017

Originally posted by tbirdmike63
    Hey everyone, I recently took of my steering wheel to replace the bearing sleeve now my horn is not working, I do have a cruise control car, did I forget to hook something back up that would cause my horn not to work, I don't remember disconnecting any wires? Thanks!
    Did you end up removing the ' rag ' joint to get the bearing out ? There should be a jumper wire around the joint , metal to metal ( ground wire ) . Perhaps that is your problem .

Comment

• tbirdmike63
      Experienced
      • May 4 2017

No I didn't, I checked those grounds and they seem good, I heard there is a horn relay under the dash, I'm going to check the connections on that first, if that checks out ok, I will remove the steering wheel and make sure things are connecting as they should.

Comment

• tbirdmike63
        Experienced
        • May 4 2017

Figured it out, I took off the steering wheel and cleaned the brass grooves behind the wheel and the brass pins that go lnto the grooves, they were all gunked up, all good now, horn works great. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎