Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

drivers door handle actuator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • drivers door handle actuator

    I have a 64 bird.the drivers door handle actuator spring is broken. is there a replacement for this part? I can't find one anywhere. all parts dealers want to rebuild mine but all I need is the spring. thanks for help, larry.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Larry Tappen View Post
    I have a 64 bird.the drivers door handle actuator spring is broken. is there a replacement for this part? I can't find one anywhere. all parts dealers want to rebuild mine but all I need is the spring. thanks for help, larry.
    Inside or outside door handle ?

    Comment


    • #3
      Give us an idea by part number:



      Here's a closer view:



      Hope this helps. - Dave
      My latest project:
      CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

      "We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by simplyconnected View Post
        Give us an idea by part number:



        Here's a closer view:



        Hope this helps. - Dave
        For inside it is part # 21818 and comes as an assembly . For out side it is part of 22454 and comes as a kit back in the day . May have a used spring if that helps him .

        Comment


        • #5
          inside door actuator

          sorry . the door actuator is for the inside door handle. seems everyone wants to either sell a new one or rebuild the old one. al I need is the spring. one parts dealer wants to rebuild the old one, told him all I wanted was the spring,said he didn't have because they send them out for rebuild. if I knew the rebuild company I think they would sell just the spring. t bird vender wouldn't tell me the name of the rebuilder

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Larry Tappen View Post
            sorry . the door actuator is for the inside door handle. seems everyone wants to either sell a new one or rebuild the old one. al I need is the spring. one parts dealer wants to rebuild the old one, told him all I wanted was the spring,said he didn't have because they send them out for rebuild. if I knew the rebuild company I think they would sell just the spring. t bird vender wouldn't tell me the name of the rebuilder
            That small pivot spring is around the shaft and sandwiched between two metal pieces welded together. Don't think you could change the spring . I have seen them use a regular spring on the pivot to any convenient hole in the door . Most used units that have the broken spring are from the driver door as it gets most use . Good luck in our repair.

            Comment

            Working...
            X