"Strange that when the engine temp went up the fuel gauge went down"

No that's 8 miles to the gallon. HaHa
      Ha fair enough, but the only time I've drove it was the test drive lol

Parts!

Huge box for 1 belt

Normal sized box

Install

I think I put it back together right lol

2016 FORD F150 XLT 3.5 EB SPORT 302a - 2012 KAWASAKI ZX-6R - 2012 LEGEND DELUXE V-NOSE - 2008 KAWASAKI ZZR600 - 2008 FORD FOCUS SE - 2007 KAWASAKI ZX-6R - 2002 ARTIC CAT 500 - 1990 JOHN DEERE 265 - 1966 FORD THUNDERBIRD HARDTOP TOWN

Comment

• Cwcb08
        Experienced
        • Oct 11 2016

today was a good day! finally took her down the street to the mechanic to have it safetied, she passed!

She really doesn't like the cold lol (video below)

Last edited by Cwcb08; January 20, 2017, 12:30 PM.
        2016 FORD F150 XLT 3.5 EB SPORT 302a - 2012 KAWASAKI ZX-6R - 2012 LEGEND DELUXE V-NOSE - 2008 KAWASAKI ZZR600 - 2008 FORD FOCUS SE - 2007 KAWASAKI ZX-6R - 2002 ARTIC CAT 500 - 1990 JOHN DEERE 265 - 1966 FORD THUNDERBIRD HARDTOP TOWN

Comment

• Cwcb08
          Experienced
          • Oct 11 2016

Latest purchase will look nicer than the beat up pen

Comment

• Cwcb08
            Experienced
            • Oct 11 2016

Got the steering wheel installed, I had to adjust the horn button contacts for the button to work, it was initially stuck on

And pulled the shift lever, beat up as I expected ( it would drop into reverse when I slid the column straight, came out pretty easy after I got annoyed and sprayed some wd-40 on the roll pin

Going to go get plates and a sticker for it today!

Comment

• simplyconnected
              Administrator
              • May 26 2009

Hey, that looks great, Cody.
              Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
              --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Cwcb08
                Experienced
                • Oct 11 2016

Originally posted by simplyconnected
                Hey, that looks great, Cody.
                Thanks Dave, i *think the next thing we will be tackling is the carpet, that should make the whole car look a lot nicer.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                  Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Cody that steering wheel looks really cool installed.
                  Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                  Thunderbird Registry
                  58HT #33317
                  60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Yadkin
                    Banned
                    • Aug 11 2012

Originally posted by Cwcb08
                    Thanks Dave, i *think the next thing we will be tackling is the carpet, that should make the whole car look a lot nicer.
                    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you don't find a nightmare of rust under it like I did mine.

Do a complete inspection of the metal when you get the old carpet and padding out. Also consider what to use for your new matting and sound deadener. I used Dynamat under a Boom Mat and it made a huge difference in both heat and sound.

Comment

• Cwcb08
                      Experienced
                      • Oct 11 2016

Originally posted by Yadkin
                      I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you don't find a nightmare of rust under it like I did mine.

Do a complete inspection of the metal when you get the old carpet and padding out. Also consider what to use for your new matting and sound deadener. I used Dynamat under a Boom Mat and it made a huge difference in both heat and sound.
                      im 90% confident there will be no shocks when i pull it up, the places i have removed already its been perfect. I'm not sure if i will bother to put down dynamat or something similar before i put the new carpet down.

in other good news its all legal now! plated and insured, just need some nice weather again.

i also picked up a rim to mount a spare to.

Comment

• FARONZ 66 Q CODE
                        • Sep 25 2013

steering wheel source

Sorry to trouble anybody but, could somebody tell us the steering part number and source so we can also look at getting that steering wheel.? Looks cool , also the other parts for it ...Couldn't find it in the Summit catalog...Thanks ! Great pic ! Congrats!

Faron here in Cherry Valley , Ca !

Thanks for all the insight ! Keep it coming especially all the the newbies like me ! LOL

Comment

• YellowRose
                          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

My '66 Hardtop Town Build

Faron, considering that in previous pix he posted, I see there are Grant Products boxes showing in the pic. If you look at their website, you will probably find the one he bought.

http://www.grantproducts.com/product...ls/automotive/

Look at Part #987, #967, and #967-0. He should be able to tell you which it was.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Cwcb08
                            Experienced
                            • Oct 11 2016

Originally posted by FARONZ 66 Q CODE
                            Sorry to trouble anybody but, could somebody tell us the steering part number and source so we can also look at getting that steering wheel.? Looks cool , also the other parts for it ...Couldn't find it in the Summit catalog...Thanks ! Great pic ! Congrats!

Faron here in Cherry Valley , Ca !

Thanks for all the insight ! Keep it coming especially all the the newbies like me ! LOL
                            It's a grant #967 ( the 967-0 is a different shade of wood )

Free Shipping - Grant Classic Nostalgia Steering Wheels with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Steering Wheels at Summit Racing.

This is the puller

Free Shipping - Grant Steering Wheel Puller Kits with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Steering Wheel Pullers at Summit Racing.

The ford button

Free Shipping - Grant Horn Buttons with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Horn Buttons at Summit Racing.

And the install kit

Free Shipping - Grant Steering Wheel Installation Kits with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Steering Wheel Installation Kits at Summit Racing.

Took the car to get gas today the wheel feels great in my hands the wood felt silky smooth.

I'm still annoyed with the install kit the horn sticks on so I will need to mess with the contacts again, and the roll pins to cancel the signals were clicking against the signal mechanism so I will look at that again as well ( that could be because I need to re center the mount so the wheel is straight driving)

Comment

• FARONZ 66 Q CODE
                              • Sep 25 2013

Thanks for the info !

Faron

Comment

• Cwcb08
                                Experienced
                                • Oct 11 2016

have two low CFM compressors?
                                want to sandblast a few things?
                                build this!

i ran out of sand, ill get some more 2moro, almost made it all the way around

i have about 45-50 into it

5$ in the 2-1 manifold
                                20$ two 3' leads
                                18$ sand blast gun ( clearance )
                                4.50$ 4' hose 1/2" dia
                                ?$ misc fittings i had previously & a half bag of sand from when i tried to use the red compressor to sandblast last year

its not exactaly pretty but it will do the job for small projects and it didn't cost a lot to make

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎