No announcement yet.

Carby Advice

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Carby Advice

    I have a 64 tbird with a 390 engine that is using a Holly carby that needs replacing. Should I stick with Holly 600cfm or find a replacement Autolight 4100.

    thanks Phil

  • #2
    Most people I have talked to swear by the Edelbrock 1406. I haven't tried it though. If you don't have an Autolite 4100 I would go that route.
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

    Thunderbird Registry #36223 856-779-9695


    • #3
      If you want to look original, there's only the 4100 that works. You have a Holley now so the fuel line has already been altered, the fuel inlet on the Ebock is even different from the Holley. I guess it also depends on what it's going to cost you, since you're not exactly next to the factory. Ford dealers actually sold a Holley replacement (I have one on the shelf). If the 4100 isn't in the cards, I'd go for a small Holley. JMO Bob C


      • #4
        A new 600.

        IF you can't find a 4100 that is.
        A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.