62 tbird roofrail weatherstripping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 tbird roofrail weatherstripping

In the process of replacing the rof rail weatherstripping on the 62 Tbird. Removed the old sanded and repainted the metal now I'm ready to install. Has anyone done this installation already? If so did you just screw the new weatherstripping to the roof rail? Or did you add sometype of adhesive and/or flexible weatherstripping tape/caulk.
    Thanks

Hi there

I removed the same weatherseal off my '62 a couple of weeks ago. the car had never been repainted. When I took it off I removed all the screws and it came away easily, no sign of any adhesive from the factory, so I plan on refitting it the same way.
    Cheers

Comment

Roofrail weatherstrip

Sealant is used between the roof rail weatherstrip and the roof. I suggest you get a copy of the 1962 T-bird Body/Trim/Sealer Assembly Manual from one of the T-bird vendors or direct from Jim Osborn Reproductions to see how it all goes together. The Body/Trim and the Electrical Assembly Manuals are a goldmine of information on how to put the car together and will save you a LOT of headaches on how things come apart, what needs sealer, etc.
      Alan H. Tast AIA, LEED AP BD+C
      Technical Director/Past President, Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
      Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"

Comment

Working...
      X