No announcement yet.

Golde Top wind bar

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golde Top wind bar

Just out of curiosity does anyone know when and why they switched the wind bar from a round tubular bar as I've seen on some to a solid rectangular bar as seen on others.I think the later models (higher VIN's) have the solid bar.
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Golde Top wind bar

Hi Bill, that is a question that Alan Tast, or "Fuz" Johnson might have to answer. I just looked at the VTCI Official Factory Specifications (OFS) for the Squarebird. They mention the wind bar in it, and say that there were reproductions made of it. Perhaps it is the reproductions that are rectangular instead of tubular. But they probably know if there was a change in the production of the bar later on in the production process. I think I have only seen pix of the round one.

When ya get a chance email me your VIN # and Data Plate information. With that information, I can check the Tbird Registry for you and tell you if a previous owner ever registered it.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Hi Ray.I emailed those photos to simplyconnected and he posted them for me including photos of both data plates.He also connected me with john@tbirdregistry.A spotter had registered this vehicle some years ago so I updated the registration and John put an article on the first page of the newsletter.About the wind bar.I was reading other articles in the news letter and there was another Golde Top had been registered with a VIN very close to mine.It also has the solid stainless steel rectangular bar.This is what made me ask.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎