No announcement yet.

Aftermarket Valve Covers (FE) ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I quite like those no name finned valve covers. Looks like I will have to swing by El Cajon whilst in San Diego...love speed shops, and Penelope might get some dress up bits!
    sigpicBill
    Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

Aftermarket Valve Covers (FE)

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the postings! That is a really nice looking engine bay! I think you are right about it being Alexander's. I really like the looks of the original air filter housing chromed. I am going to get it out of the trunk, chrome it, and put it to use. Chroming costs here, compared to other parts of the country, such as California, is not bad at all, as far as I am concerned. I think Bart feels the same way. I dont think chromers in this state have to contend with the very strict CA laws that CA chromers have to. Although, talking with my chromer, it is getting tougher and tougher to run a chroming business in this state also.

I did buy the Edelbrock fuel line this afternoon. It was a lot more than the $15 the Edelbrock tech thought it was! More like $41! But I bought it as a safety measure. A metal gas line will be fitted to the end of it and run over to the gauge and filter. I tried to buy the appropriate oil cap also, but they did not have any in stock. I know where one is, but I am going to check a couple of other parts places close by that I did not hit today.

Once again, thanks for the pix! I really like the looks of that. Shoot me your phone number in a PM. I had a great talk with SandyBoy the other day on the phone!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      '59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
      "It's Hip To Be Square"
      Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or (Cell) 210-875-1411 (Home) 210-674-5781

http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Working...
      X