X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tully
    Experienced
    • Mar 7 2008

Edsel Mile-O-Matic vs Criuse -o-Matic

What's the different between the Edsel Mile-o-Matic and Ford Criuse -O-Matic 1959 transmission. Ran across one and was just wondering.
  • KULTULZ

Is the EDSEL MILE-O-MATIC a one piece bell and main case?

Do you know the year of the trans?

Comment

• tully
      Experienced
      • Mar 7 2008

o matic's

someone had send me an email, with 3 Mile-0-matics for sale and was just wondering if they were the same or not. they were 59's

Pic looks like one piece.

Dennis

Comment

• tully
        Experienced
        • Mar 7 2008

message from a Edsel fan

The transmission in the 1959 Edsel was a Ford three speed automatic. However, most the 1959s had the Ford 292 V8 Y block engines that had larger bell housing transmission than the 361 V8 and 332 V8 Ford E block engines.

Comment

• KULTULZ

Originally posted by tully

...someone had send me an email, with 3 Mile-0-matics for sale and was just wondering if they were the same or not. they were 59's

Pic looks like one piece.

Dennis
          If one piece and 1959, it is a true 2/S that was introduced in 1959 for economy. It was also known as the FORD-O-MATIC PX (the origional FORD-O-MATIC 3/S Single Range was discontinued in 1958). MILE-O-MATIC was EDSEL's marketing name. The C4 replaced the PX 2/S in 1964.

Comment

Hi, am restoring a 1959 edsel, need a mile-o-matic transmission. I know it was a while ago, but you mentioned knowing of 3 of them!
            br
            dan

Comment

• YellowRose
              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Edsel Mile-O-Matic vs Criuse -o-Matic

Hi Dan, and welcome to the Forum. tully has not been on this Forum for nearly a year now. But if you send him a Private Message or Email, maybe he still has some information on the tranny you are looking for. Or perhaps someone on here knows where to find one. Have you tried the Edsel Forum, by any chance? If not, you might do so.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
              The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
              Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
              Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
              https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎