Ceramic Coated Headers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceramic Coated Headers

Hi everyone. It's been a while since I wrote, but I'm getting back on my Bird project again.

I am looking for input on good ceramic headers that will fit my 1959 Bird after removing that steering box. From my searches, it looks like the passenger side clearance can be an issue as well, other than the steering box. Looks like some can remedy the clearance by shimming the motor mount. I just want to know if any Ford FE shorty headers will work or not due to clearance and fitment.

By the way, my budget build has increased since ordering a new engine that I'm still awaiting delivery of. I went with the 445 stroker with aluminum heads and a single plane aluminum intake so that I can further add EFI. I've read that headers are one of the best ways to unleash the potential of this engine.

Thank you.

Ceramic coated headers

Hi I'm also in the process of having a 445 stroker put together and overdrive trans for my 59 Tbird. I am going with FPA headers, they show that they make them for our T birds. They are not cheap and I don't know if there will be install issues but a friend of mine did an install on a 65 Bird with no issues.

Comment

I've heard only good things about FPA headers for our cars and think it's a great choice. The only down thing I've ever heard is that they are the only option for our cars. That's not really a bad thing about them, but only bad that we don't have other options. However, for the quality of header that they make, their price isn't really any higher than other makes of high quality headers. I just figured that if I'm eliminating that steering box, perhaps it would give me more options to choose from.

445 with headers will be sweet for both of us. Good luck in your project.

Comment

Without the steering box, maybe you can run the Sanderson shorty headers? Seems like there is all kinds of room on the passenger side?

I take it you went with a rack? Did you post a write up or anything?

Originally posted by Dementedan View Post
        Hi everyone. It's been a while since I wrote, but I'm getting back on my Bird project again.

I am looking for input on good ceramic headers that will fit my 1959 Bird after removing that steering box. From my searches, it looks like the passenger side clearance can be an issue as well, other than the steering box. Looks like some can remedy the clearance by shimming the motor mount. I just want to know if any Ford FE shorty headers will work or not due to clearance and fitment.

By the way, my budget build has increased since ordering a new engine that I'm still awaiting delivery of. I went with the 445 stroker with aluminum heads and a single plane aluminum intake so that I can further add EFI. I've read that headers are one of the best ways to unleash the potential of this engine.

Thank you.

Comment

I haven't done the rack yet but that's the plan. The mount fabrication looks straight forward from what I see through other forum posts. But I'm also still doing research to figure out if I want hydraulic or electric power steering.
          Sanderson headers would definitely save a little money.

Comment

Working...
          X