No announcement yet.

Eric's 1960 T-Bird

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also have the chrome at the top rear of the panel. The reason I only used 2 clips was that the door panel is made of ABS plastic and is much more self supporting -in my opinion - than was the original cardboard.

Comment

• I had
      1 ACCELERATOR PEDAL ROD SEAL $1.05 (9727C)
      1 FIREWALL ACCELERATOR LINKAGE SEAL $2.25 (9738S)

do I need both of them, which one goes first?. Is it just mounted around the accelerator rod and left "floating"

Comment

• I see some remains of black paint on the glove Box's Thunderbird sign.
        Was it painted black on the sides?

Comment

• If you're referring to the gold nameplate, mine is not painted. There's no trace amount of paint.

Wish I could help you on the accelerator rod seal because I bought the interior seal part and didn't need it when I replaced the pedal. Nothing floats. The seal was attached under the carpeting which was why I didn't replace it for replacement sake.

Dean

Comment

• Dean
            was it a rubber or cork seal?
            I got both.

I add the picture of the gold nameplate.

When I installed the glove box after having repaired the wiper motor, I had in the bunch of parts the 3 chome parts that were to go below the glove box. That's what I remember but I am ridiculously confused as I can not figure out where these 3 parts may go in the car !
            Anybody clever than me here?
            Attached Files

Comment

• They surround the opening of the glove box inside.

Comment

• The “Thunderbird” script in my glove box door also had black paint on the sides of the letters and gold paint on top.
                Todd Gilroy
                1960 Tbird Convertible
                Thunderbird Registry #54651

Comment

• I have such a poor memory that I can't even remember I have to make pictures. Of course this is for the glove box...
                  By the way how is the finish on the inside of the door. Mine had a poor grey paint. I made it more shiny and polished it a bit. It will be "good enough".
                  Todd my sign seems to be made of brass. I may paint the sides. Will see what others says.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric S View Post
                    Dean
                    was it a rubber or cork seal?
                    I got both.

I add the picture of the gold nameplate.

When I installed the glove box after having repaired the wiper motor, I had in the bunch of parts the 3 chome parts that were to go below the glove box. That's what I remember but I am ridiculously confused as I can not figure out where these 3 parts may go in the car !
                    Anybody clever than me here?
                    My script "Thunderbird" has no trace of black paint, nor does it look as if the trim was every removed. I know the glove box lock was replaced, but I can't say if the entire door ever was replaced. In other words, do '58 or '59 has the same script 'Thunderbird"? And are the sides of this part painted?

I have the rubber seal and there wasn't any explanation if it belongs inside or out on the firewall.

All this is part of the confusing details we can maybe only determine the hard way. Case in point: I replaced the original deteriorated black glove box door liner with a gray flocked liner. Why? Because there were 3 different "correct" liners for sale and nobody, including Mac's the seller, can tell you which liner is correct. These were differently priced, also. I think the gray was the correct matching shape.

Dean

Comment

Working...
                    X