Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right front fender patch panel ...

Hello,

My dad is restoring his 1960 Thunderbird and is about to order some body parts.
    I'm trying to find a "Ford Thunderbird Front Fender Patch Panel, Lower Rear, Right, 1958-60" (see below), but it seems like it's "impossible mission" ...

https://www.macsautoparts.com/store/...t-1958-60.html

For the left side no problem, but for the right ... I searched on all the professional sites that sell TBirds parts, on eBay, etc but apparently this part is "out of stock" or "discontinued"...

Does anyone know why? Will this part be available soon ?

Thank you all !!!

This subject has come up before. Apparently there's some issue with the mold to make the part. Do a search on our site and you'll probably find out more. I know it's been quite a while since the part has been available.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@verizon.net 856-779-9695

http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

A good Sheetmetal man (like Keith) could fabricate this part.
      My latest project:
      CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Hello Archange: I have a left and right patch panel. I ordered them and never used them, sprayed with primer. contact me if you are interested and I can get you some pictures. Can someone direct me to the thread that discusses cam timing and cam retainer for 1960 Thunderbird? My front cam seems loud and vacuum gauge showing normal to late ign. timing. I have a 1960 thunderbird and believe I have a problem with the cam button and secondly timing. I am interested in eliminating cam button with later style retainer and advancing timing but need help. Thread I saw yesterday, I can't find today.

Thanks birdman60

Comment

Hello Birdman60,

Sorry, I just saw your message.
          Of course i'm interested !!!
          If you want you can contact me in private message and give me some pictures of yours patch panel.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Archange: I asked Yellowrose to post two pictures of the patch panels. Like I said I have a right and left side. They have been sprayed with primer and in storage. Appear to be in good shape.
            I would like to sale both. How does current Mac's price plus packing and postage sound? Where are you located? Thanks

Comment

Hello Birdman60,

No problem, I will be glad to buy you both sides if they are in good shape.
              Mac's price for the left panel is $127.
              About the shipping... Well, in fact I'm living in France .
              I hope that this is not a problem and that you would accept to ship me the panels. But once packed, shipping the parcel in the USA or to France... With UPS, Fedex or DHL it should not be a problem.
              I could pay the panels and the shipping charges wiyh Paypal, a bank transfer or eventually with Western Union, at your convenience.
              I'm waiting the pictures.

Thanks.

Comment

I have not received any pix from Birdman60. I sent him a PM telling him what email address to send them to. When he does, I will post them here for ya'll....

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                '59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
                "It's Hip To Be Square"
                Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or (Cell) 210-875-1411 (Home) 210-674-5781

Comment

Another Square Bird in France !
                  Cool
                  I am close to Lyon. D'oł es-tu?

Comment

Hello,

Wahou, world is small !!!
                    I'm in the south, near Montpellier.

Comment

If I can help...

Comment

Hello Birdman60,

To post two pictures of the patch panels you can use a picture sharing site like https://imgbb.com/

Thanks.

Comment

If he would send those pix to me, ask I asked him to, I could post them for him easily.... I gave him my email address...

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                          '59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
                          "It's Hip To Be Square"
                          Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or (Cell) 210-875-1411 (Home) 210-674-5781

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your help Yellowrose.
                            For the moment I do not have any news from Birdman60.
                            I hope he will answer soon.

Comment

Working...
                            X