Ride Hight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride Hight

I replaced the leaf springs, this did help the Sagging rear end but itís still allot lower then the front. Iím wondering if someone had installed the wrong coil spring in the past. Does anyone have some dimension how high the front and the rear should be?

im thinking of pulling the springs out and cutting a few coils off.

easy answer, measure from the bottom of the rocker panel down in front of the rear wheel. Same at the rear of the front. Mine is even all across, so my springs wore out at the same rate!! I put air shocks in the rear so I don't drag with passengers in the rear seat.
    Scott
    South Delta, BC, Canada
    1960 White T-Bird, PS, PB that's it
    Red Leather Interior!
    www.squarebirds.org/users/sidewalkman
    Thunderbird Registry #61266
    http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_g...ibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Originally posted by SirBB View Post
      I replaced the leaf springs, this did help the Sagging rear end but itís still allot lower then the front. Iím wondering if someone had installed the wrong coil spring in the past. Does anyone have some dimension how high the front and the rear should be?

im thinking of pulling the springs out and cutting a few coils off.
      I can tell you, my 58 with 100% original parts in her sat even high that that in front (I got the car from the original owner is how I know..). So I pulled the springs and cut first a coil. Wasn't enough for me, so I cut some more to get the front down where I wanted it. My new worry is when I tighten up the rear end, it will sit to high.

Comment

Ok, thanks for both points and ideas. On another site I found a comment that with a stock setup it should be 26.5Ē to the top edge of the front fender well, mine is 29.5Ē. I think I will pull the springs and cut 1 coil off.

Comment

Could replace your front coils with adjustable coilovers so you can dial in the exact height you want

Comment

Working...
          X