Rear Brake Junction Bracket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Brake Junction Bracket

During new rear brake lines and hose installation, the junction block bracket broke away from the axle. There's no way to salvage what was there, and neither brazing nor any other viable alternative will attach this brake line distribution block back to the axle.

I've researched some "close" alternatives on Mac's, but nothing is exact. Exact would be that brake line block with a bracket and some kind of screw into the axle.

Is it that important? I don't see a lot of movement at the block with the support of the 3 brake lines coming into the junction.

Dean

Personally, I would weld a simple L-bracket to the axle before drilling holes in the axle tubes. The OEM brake line bracket is thin to begin with so you don't need much more than a couple good tack welds and a piece of mild steel. Once the bracket is in place, connect the tee to it or you can braze the tee to the bracket before it is tacked to the axle tube.
    If you can't weld, most muffler shops can do that for you. They have hoists and MIG welders already set up. - Dave
    My latest project:
    CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Thatís just the problem. The shop that welded the new exhaust couldnít braze the junction, and thought a new part was the solution.

Dean

Comment

I agree with your shop. I do not suggest brazing your axle tubes. Dean, there is a huge difference between welding, brazing and soldering. Notice that your axle tubes have many brackets welded to them.

You can braze your brass junction block to a new steel 'L' bracket using MAP gas or oxygen/acetylene at home. At this point, it is a new part. Make sure mating surfaces are clean. Then, the shop can MIG weld the bracket to your axle tube. - Dave
        My latest project:
        CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
        --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
        X