Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flexplate reinforcing ring

Morning all.
    I got my short block back from the engine builder on Saturday and the flexplate reinforcing ring seems to have gone AWOL. My fault really as I left it tie wrapped to the flexplate when it all went off for balancing. I expect it got snipped off and put to one side and forgotten about. I've had a look at the usual suspects for a replacement but so far I cant find one. Obviously Ford thought it was a good idea, but given the relatively low usage its likely to see does anyone see any major problem in not having one. Or, does anyone know where I can get one or does anyone have a spare that they would be happy to sell to me and post to the UK.

thanks
    Jon
    Jon
    Deepest Hertfordshire
    Old enough to know I'm right...
    1960 Hardtop T'bird
    1961 Hotchkiss M201

Jon
    That always seems to be my luck as well.
    Thought my replacement engine came with one and was ready to send it but no such luck.

I located a few in the US - one ebay seller says he'll ship to the UK. (links below)
    I've never bought form any of these folks - just passing along the info.
    First I would contact Carl Heller here on the forum (partsetal) he has lots of parts and I've bought many items from him with no problems.
    If you can't find anyone to ship to you you're welcome to have it shipped to me and I'd be happy to send it to the UK for you via USPS - just send me a PM.
    I did read a post on a Ford forum were a fellow said his didn't have one and had been fine without - don't think I'd chance it although since it's not a daily driver - maybe that's an option.

Not certain on the link at the bottom but says for 360/390 so probably the same for the 352.
    ( which I'm guessing would be what you have and not the 430)

Edit - apparently you can only attach one link to each post as I get an error that states "all changes will be lost" when I try and attach another link so listing the links as text and you can copy and paste. Edit again - looks like once posted the text is changed to an actual link so you won't need to copy and paste after all - just left the attached link rather than deleting and trying to insert into the body of the post.......
    Edit a third time.... one of the links has an emoji in it but it still works correctly.....

This link mentions for the 352 but doesn't specifically say he will ship to the UK
    (and a bit more expensive)
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-C-6-AU...-Vk:rk:47f:0

This one looks correct.
    https://www.neperformancemustang.com...oducts_id=1430

I'm not sure if this is for the big blocks (352/360/390 etc) or the small blocks
    https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...SABEgJuGPD_BwE

Eric

Comment

Eric
      Thanks for the response and kind offer of forward shipping,.shortly after I posted my original message Carl PM'd me so it looks like our parts guru is on the case.

regards

Jon
      Jon
      Deepest Hertfordshire
      Old enough to know I'm right...
      1960 Hardtop T'bird
      1961 Hotchkiss M201

Comment

No problem at all.
        Carl is top notch for sure.
        Hope your project goes smoothly after this little bump in the road ......

Comment

Working...
        X