Steering problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering problem

Hi all, i ve rebuilt the whole front end. And when i was checking the power steering . i noticed
    That the steering turns kinda hard left and very lightly to the right. And when turning to the right. It likes continues to turn on its own until
    It arrives to the limit p.s i ve refurbished the control valve and piston too .. Changed seals and bushes and all necessary.

I am a bit confused.. Coz cantdetermine from where i ve done wrong
    (Car is on axle stands )

Hope someone canhelp god dayy y all

It sounds like the control valve may be out of adjustment. Did you adjust the nut as per the shop manual.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@verizon.net 856-779-9695

http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Mmmm i just rebuilt it And placed in back in place... The distance shown on the book is correct 10 inch and 3/4but as regards the setting of the control valve i didnt did any. Maybe is there a source of how to do it step by step... ? Please

Comment

Remove the 2 screws holding the end cap and remove. Tighten the adjusting nut to 90-100 inch lbs. (or snug it up), then back off a quarter turn (90 degrees). Replace screws and torque to 72-100 inch lbs.

Dean

Comment

Dean is correct about snugging up the nut and then backing off 1/4 turn. If this is not done correctly the centering spool will be out of adjustment and cause the steering not to turn with equal pressure in both directions. All the necessary adjustments are covered in the shop manual.

John
          John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
          jopizz@verizon.net 856-779-9695

http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Much appreciated folks bird'd now okayy .. God bles america and thanks a lot !!

Comment

Always a good feeling when you get help and fix a problem.
              Nyles

Comment

Especially on your preferred ride

Muvh muvh appreciated

Geoffrey

Comment

Working...
                X