Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

58 332 engine color

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 58 332 engine color

    From the Tech resources library I found:

    Turquoise (Engine):
    1958 - Ford 332//T-bird 332-Export Engine Block, Heads, Intake, Front Cover, Water Pump, Oil Pan
    1959-1960 - Ford 352-2v Valve Covers (Need to verify if also used on T-bird Low Compression/Export engines)
    Ditzler Enamel: DQE-12007
    Ford #: M1J-951

    Could anyone post a picture of an engine with this correct color?
    Thanks in advance.
    J

  • #2
    I've never seen a Thunderbird with a 332 engine. Unless one of our members overseas has an import model it might be difficult to find a picture. I know 1959 Fords used turquoise. Here's a picture of one.

    John
    Attached Files
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

    Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@verizon.net 856-779-9695

    http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

    Comment


    • #3
      Would the block be that same color? No expansion tank?

      Comment


      • #4
        The '59 Fords did not use an expansion tank. All Thunderbirds did. I'm only guessing but I imagine the export '58 Thunderbirds with a 332 engine had black valve covers, black expansion tank, white air cleaner, white fan and turquoise block, intake, heads, water pump, oil pan and timing cover.

        John
        John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

        Thunderbird Registry #36223
        jopizz@verizon.net 856-779-9695

        http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jopizz View Post

          The '59 Fords did not use an expansion tank.

          John
          Hmm... Just learned my factoid for the day.

          I suppose the 58 FORD did not use a tank either?

          The engine photo above, that is a 59 FORD 332? If so, was the 352 a deeper blue?

          Comment


          • #6
            As far as the '59 Fords go the sixes and 292's were painted red, the 332's turquoise and the 352's were blue. At least the ones that I've seen. That doesn't mean they were painted correctly. The '58 Fords didn't use an expansion tank either.

            John
            John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

            Thunderbird Registry #36223
            jopizz@verizon.net 856-779-9695

            http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jopizz View Post
              As far as the '59 Fords go the sixes and 292's were painted red, the 332's turquoise and the 352's were blue. At least the ones that I've seen. That doesn't mean they were painted correctly. The '58 Fords didn't use an expansion tank either.

              John

              This is true for the '59 Ford CAR line- Fairlanes, Galaxies, Ranchero's, etc.

              The 1958 T-bird was the 1st car to use the cross flow radiator design (side tanks) here in the states. That, and space limitations, required use of the over flow tank design used in the Squarebirds. The regular 1958-59 Ford car line still used the top/bottom mount radiator tanks....
              sigpic
              The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

              VTCI Member#6287.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by tbird430 View Post
                ...The regular 1958-59 Ford car line still used the top/bottom mount radiator tanks....
                Top/bottom tanks. but side mounts (four 5/16" bolt clearance holes). There's no separate expansion tank. The top radiator tank has a baffle about an inch from the top so the radiator top has its own expansion tank

                Mine has two rows of core, which works very well if they aren't clogged on the inside. - Dave
                My latest project:
                CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

                "We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                --Lee Iacocca

                From: Royal Oak, Michigan

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tbird430 View Post


                  This is true for the '59 Ford CAR line- Fairlanes, Galaxies, Ranchero's, etc.


                  The 1958 T-bird was the 1st car to use the cross flow radiator design (side tanks) here in the states. That, and space limitations, required use of the over flow tank design used in the Squarebirds. The regular 1958-59 Ford car line still used the top/bottom mount radiator tanks....
                  OK, that explains it.

                  THANX!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X