Will These Wheels Fit a Squarbird?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will These Wheels Fit a Squarbird?

Will the 88-96 Crown Victoria Wheels fit a Squarebird. I like them because they almost look like wire wheels, but without the maintenance problems. They are 15x6.5 with the 5 by 4.5 bolt pattern. I need to know if these would fit my 59 TBird.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lawyercalif; March 2nd, 2012, 09:35 PM.

This one must be a real stumper of a question. 39 views and no replies. I guess I will have to buy them to find the answer.

Comment

It's probably because of the 6.5 thickness of the wheel that has us stumped. I know 15 x 6 will fit. Certainly the 5 by 4.5 will fit. The only question is whether there will be a clearance issue once the tires are mounted. I wouldn't think 1/2" would be a big deal but I've been wrong before.
      John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
      jopizz@verizon.net 856-779-9695

http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

That's right. We don't know the back spacing. Normally I would say, 'buy 'em' but your car came with 14" wheels and bias ply tires. The closest I run are 215/65R/ on 15" wheels.

Any good tire store will help you 'try' tire and rim combinations if they can sell you a set of tires or wheels. California is loaded with great tire places.
        My latest project:
        CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
        --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Thanks for the input. Since I can pick up a nice set for only $380.00, I think I will take a chance.

Comment

Call a tire store first.
            My latest project:

--Lee Iacocca

Comment

Dave, would these babys clear the mammoth '66 calipers?
              A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

They should, if they are 15".
                My latest project:

--Lee Iacocca

Comment

16x8 with a 4.25" backspacing fit mine. I have to drop the rear axle to get the rears on and off, but I've gone to a 4-link and it's not that big of a deal. You shouldn't have a problem with those.
                  Last edited by c4clewis; March 5th, 2012, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by c4clewis View Post
                    16x8 with a 4.25" backspacing fit mine. I have to drop the rear axle to get the rears on and off, but I've gone to a 4-link and it's not that big of a deal. You shouldn't have a problem with those.
                    Wow, you must have some serious horsepower if you need a four link. Do you have a page or photo album of your car? What is your motor?
                    1960 HT
                    Thunderbird Registry #35780

Comment

Working...
                    X