Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fomoco59
    Super-Experienced
    • Jun 10 2005

Marcelo, great start ! If you're looking for some specs, go to John Draxler's Thunderbird Ranch site. He lists the colors for your engine, etc under Concours Specs in the left column.
    ('58 = Blue block, black valve covers)

Also, when the time comes, TCP has a good site that displays color chips for every year and model:
    Huge supplier of Automotive Paint, Auto Body Supplies, Airbrush Equipment, Car Detailing Supplies, Pinstripe Paint, Spray Guns & Safety Respirators at Wholesale Prices. Our items are factory direct and we carry a wide variety of Top Quality Brands.

I'm only a few hours away...
    sigpic
    Mike Lemmon
    '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• Dakota Boy
      Super-Experienced
      • Jun 30 2009

photo in post #59 appears to be the correct EXTERIOR chrome pieces
      http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• tp tbird
        Experienced
        • Dec 17 2007

outside chrome

Looks like outside windshield side chrome at the side wing on the windshield,in your picture of your car inside the ones inside are missing.If you find any most will need to be rechromed .
        Last edited by tp tbird; February 13, 2012, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

NYsquarebird58's Tbird

I have contacted Paul Prokop of VTCI to see if he has any records of your Tbird. He does not. He said he did not think that membership records exist going back very far. So I forwarded your information regarding the car to Alan Tast, one of the worlds foremost authorities on Tbirds, who might have records on it. Alan is the Technical Director for VTCI and active on our Forum. He might find something on that VIN #. If he does, hopefully, he will post it here or answer my email.

As for your two missing chrome pieces, I can see where one of yours is missing and from what you said, so is the other side. You can see the screw holes that the screws are screwed into when you put the pieces on. As I said before, Carl ~ partsetal, on here, might have those missing pieces. Or Bob's Bird House, the Bird Nest, or John Draxler of Thunderbird Ranch. You can get the interior screw kit from Birds Nest for $54.95. That will give you the exact replacement screws you will need for replacing old, rusty, missing interior screws.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• NYsquarebird58
            Experienced
            • Feb 6 2012

Originally posted by YellowRose
            I have contacted Paul Prokop of VTCI to see if he has any records of your Tbird. He does not. He said he did not think that membership records exist going back very far. So I forwarded your information regarding the car to Alan Tast, one of the worlds foremost authorities on Tbirds, who might have records on it. Alan is the Technical Director for VTCI and active on our Forum. He might find something on that VIN #. If he does, hopefully, he will post it here or answer my email.

As for your two missing chrome pieces, I can see where one of yours is missing and from what you said, so is the other side. You can see the screw holes that the screws are screwed into when you put the pieces on. As I said before, Carl ~ partsetal, on here, might have those missing pieces. Or Bob's Bird House, the Bird Nest, or John Draxler of Thunderbird Ranch. You can get the interior screw kit from Birds Nest for $54.95. That will give you the exact replacement screws you will need for replacing old, rusty, missing interior screws.
            Ray, thank you for investigating. I’m always fascinated to learn the history of things. 54 years is a long time and this old bird, I’m sure, has lots of stories to tell. We know by the old VTCA sticker that someone a while back did at least recognize that this was a special car.

Regarding the pillar moldings; I happen to come across these on an ebay auction. Since I’m missing my interior pieces these looked like a great deal for the pair. You as well as other fellow squarebird members pointed out that they are for the outside not the inside so I will pass on them.

I’m in no big rush at the moment to collect cosmetic pieces since my main focus is to get her roadworthy, but if I happen to stumble upon a pair at really good price, I’ll buy them.

Thanks for the suggesting on the interior screw kit. I will definitely be ordering a set when the time comes.
            VTCI# 11860
            58HT - Thunderbird Registry Number: 37043 (Sold)

60HT - Thunderbird Registry Number: 37252 "Lucille" (Sold)

Comment

• NYsquarebird58
              Experienced
              • Feb 6 2012

Originally posted by fomoco59
              Marcelo, great start ! If you're looking for some specs, go to John Draxler's Thunderbird Ranch site. He lists the colors for your engine, etc under Concours Specs in the left column.
              ('58 = Blue block, black valve covers)

Also, when the time comes, TCP has a good site that displays color chips for every year and model:
              Huge supplier of Automotive Paint, Auto Body Supplies, Airbrush Equipment, Car Detailing Supplies, Pinstripe Paint, Spray Guns & Safety Respirators at Wholesale Prices. Our items are factory direct and we carry a wide variety of Top Quality Brands.

I'm only a few hours away...
              Thank you – we’re all still trying to figure out if I have a 390, rebuilt 352 or a truck 352 in my Bird. I have to do the dowel test to be sure, but knowing the proper engine colors is another great indicator.

If you’re ever in my neck of the woods, please let me know. I would love to meet up and talk birds.
              VTCI# 11860

Comment

• Alan H. Tast, AIA
                Experienced
                • Jan 5 2008

After looking at the Thunderbird Registry's listing I added it to my database, but regretfully I do not have a previous record of it or an owner's name. If anything is known about where the car was in that period, especially state or city, looking through old VTCA membership rosters or Scoops may yield a clue. If a VTCA/VTCI Owners Survey was submitted in '88 or later, I should have something on it - if not, it's time to add info on options and other historical info. That also goes for anyone out there that hasn't logged in their cars, project cars, parts cars, or cars sent to the crusher.

I can speak first-hand about VTCA's record-keeping for pre-'88: at one point Larry and Nancy Seyfarth had an Apple II computer and a separate hard drive to store membership records for the club. These were turned over to me in '88 when I began editing the Scoop, but there were no instructions provided as to how to get access to data off the hard drive (remember, this was 1988, when PC's were not yet widely available). We were never able to figure out how to get anything off the hard drive, and eventually it was disposed of. From that point forward I have been maintianing the Owner Surveys for VTCI and attempting to collect whatever scraps of info came through on membership renewals and such.

Lately, with my efforts focused on managing and assisting with VTCI's 1961-1966 Original Factory Specifications Manuals update efforst to bring them up to the level of the '58-'60 version, it's been difficult to stay on top of updates to the databases.
                Last edited by Alan H. Tast, AIA; February 13, 2012, 07:41 PM.
                Alan H. Tast AIA, LEED AP BD+C
                Technical Director/Past President, Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
                Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"

Comment

• NYsquarebird58
                  Experienced
                  • Feb 6 2012

Originally posted by Alan H. Tast, AIA
                  Ray: As of noon today I haven't received any direct messages from you or the owner about this car yet. After looking at the Thunderbird Registry's listing I added it to my database, but regretfully I do not have a previous record of it or an owner's name. If anything is known about where the car was in that period, especially state or city, looking through old VTCA membership rosters or Scoops may yield a clue. If a VTCA/VTCI Owners Survey was submitted in '88 or later, I should have something on it - if not, it's time to add info on options and other historical info. That also goes for anyone out there that hasn't logged in their cars, project cars, parts cars, or cars sent to the crusher.

I can speak first-hand about VTCA's record-keeping for pre-'88: at one point Larry and Nancy Seyfarth had an Apple II computer and a separate hard drive to store membership records for the club. These were turned over to me in '88 when I began editing the Scoop, but there were no instructions provided as to how to get access to data off the hard drive (remember, this was 1988, when PC's were not yet widely available). We were never able to figure out how to get anything off the hard drive, and eventually it was disposed of. From that point forward I have been maintianing the Owner Surveys for VTCI and attempting to collect whatever scraps of info came through on membership renewals and such.

Lately, with my efforts focused on managing and assisting with VTCI's 1961-1966 Original Factory Specifications Manuals update efforst to bring them up to the level of the '58-'60 version, it's been difficult to stay on top of updates to the databases.
                  Alan, thank you for your help. I have PM’d you with further information regarding past ownership.
                  VTCI# 11860

Comment

• Anders
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Jan 19 2008

Originally posted by NYsquarebird58
                    Thank you – we’re all still trying to figure out if I have a 390, rebuilt 352 or a truck 352 in my Bird. I have to do the dowel test to be sure, but knowing the proper engine colors is another great indicator.

If you’re ever in my neck of the woods, please let me know. I would love to meet up and talk birds.
                    You should find a number on top of your inlet manifold that help you identify your engine. As your air cleaner is gone, you should find it easy.
                    sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
                    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• YellowRose
                      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

NYsquarebird58's Tbird

Hi Alan, thanks for stopping by and commenting. You should have received an email from me by now. Thanks for providing us into an insight into VTCI record keeping back then. It is to bad no one could figure out how to access that hard drive! Good luck with the '61-'66 OFS update! If it turns out as well as the Squarebirds one, it will certainly be a keeper!

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

Hi Marcelo regarding your gas tank. I have taken a few tanks to a good radiator shop and had them boiled out till i got a new one. Just to get em runin never had any problems or use the old lawn mower tank hangin from the hood and by pass everything. Siphon feed will work just can,t give it alot of gas. That got me home one day with a bad fuel pump

Comment

• jopizz
                          Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

If I can get the city or town where he bought the car I can look through my old membership rosters and try to narrow it down. I have them back to 1975.

John
                          John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
                          jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

Comment

• NYsquarebird58
                            Experienced
                            • Feb 6 2012

Originally posted by jopizz
                            If I can get the city or town where he bought the car I can look through my old membership rosters and try to narrow it down. I have them back to 1975.

John
                            The car was last titled in 1989 in Honey Brook, PA
                            VTCI# 11860

Comment

• jopizz
                              Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

I'll see what I can find. The fact that the VTCA sticker says the squarebird society means the owner joined sometime in the 70's. They stopped using that prior to 1980 I believe.
                              John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
                              jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

Comment

• YellowRose
                                Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

NYsquarebird58's Tbird

The VTCA became the VTCI by action of the BOD in 1988. This according to Dan Likar, the VTCI Historian. The change came about as the club started accepting other years of Tbirds into the club and expanded their horizons internationally.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎