PDA

View Full Version : Christine's Sunday drive

Richard D. Hord
10-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Well I got Christine out for a drive Sunday 10-3-10. Wife wanted to go to church in her (shock) We left church and went to Sub-way for lunch, I parked her in first spot close to door. There were several older people came in after us, you could tell they were talking about her. One gentlemen asked me is that your '60 Thunderbird (how could he tell) I said yes it is. He replied I had one just like it, same color inside and out, 352 4 barrel. That's what she has, I replied. He asked does she have the steering wheel that slides to the side, no that was not offered till '61! He said well mine had it (I was not going to argue) He said mine had it and I wish I still had that car! Did you buy her new he asked, no I have had her three years! (I was not born when she was made) Anyway, another guy and his wife was looking at her while he was driving and almost hit another car head on! I told my wife its time to take her back home!
She had not been out of the basement garage for over a month and ran like a singer sewing machine! Man I love my THUNDERBIRD!!!
Richard D. Hord

tbird430
10-04-2010, 04:09 PM
HAHA!!

Good story Richard. And I'm glad the three (3) of you made it back home, to the garage, safely. :)

-Jon in TX.

Rigormortor
10-04-2010, 09:52 PM
Yep good story, you always meet the guy who had one, or his brother had the same car, with a different engine not made until 1966 and so on.... harmless, I dont argue with them either, after all they do compliment your car. Im going to try to talk my wife into bringing her car out this saturday to a big show.... she dosent like driving her with the drum brakes since it pulls badly. So a disc brake conversion is in the works.

Dan Leavens
10-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Richard I would suspect the gentlemen who owned one like yours was about to tell you that he had a CD player in his as well:eek:

simplyconnected
10-07-2010, 12:11 AM
Stories like this, of T-birds running like a top and owners enjoying the cruise, they tickle me pink. That's what it's all about, Richard. I hope Christine always has a full tank, and your family enjoys many years of cruising in her. - Dave