PDA

View Full Version : Nose removal on 59

tully
12-06-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm planning on removing the nose on my 59 Ranchero and cleaning the engine and frame, and adding disc and a few other things, and painting. Any suggestion or help on how to remove it would be appreciated!

DKheld
12-07-2009, 11:11 AM
Dave Dare had a great suggestion on my Tbird motor replacement that should apply here as well - take at least 400 pictures before you start. You'll probably need 800 but at least you'll have half of what you need when you go to put it back together. Wish I could help as far as a procedure goes but I'm a squarebirder.

Good Luck,
Eric
registry 5347

fomoco59
12-07-2009, 01:27 PM
The front fenders just unbolt, but I remember the 59 grill being a pain in my old wagon....

simplyconnected
12-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Dkheld (Eric) amazes me. He just came out of surgery over Thanksgiving, and here he is helping others online.
Eric, you're a tough Dutch 'birder.

I'm planning on removing the nose on my 59 Ranchero... Any suggestion or help on how to remove it would be appreciated!

tully, maybe we can help eachother out, here:

I have a '59 Galaxie (http://home.comcast.net/~y-block/07-25-09Galaxie/default.html) with the exact same front end as your Ranchero. We have full-framed cars, which makes this job much easier. I also have a catalog of illustrations for the whole body (and engine). It shows just about everything you want to see as far as how everything goes together and it includes part numbers.

If you buy a membership, I will give you this catalog. (Now, thats a good deal!) - Dave Dare

Dan Leavens
12-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Dave I believe that to be, an excellent deal as well. I also have a copy of what we commonly call " The Blue Book 1949-1959 " illustration catalog which I use a lot.

63-4drpost
02-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Kind'a foggy, but I THINK we used to unbolt the fenders at the doors, remove the bolt that fastens the front frame crossmember to the radiator support. Front clip will then come off? radiator and all. I could be wr:o:o:oong!!