View Full Version : Expansion Tank Service

08-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Eddie's Auto Radiator
2806 North Street
Endicott, NY 13760

I just picked up my repaired expansion tank which started to leak on two corners. This guy did a great job by unsoldering the whole top section and re-soldering. Pressure test showed more leaking at the lower pipe, which was also fixed. The whole assembly was painted low-gloss black and ready to install.... all for $48 plus tax. He's done a lot of radiator related work for me and other local old car owners and welcomes any business via shipping. I forgot to ask about warranty, but I've never had any problems. New tanks are about $250.

08-07-2009, 04:25 PM
sounds familiar...
after going thru 2 BRAND NEW repro tanks I finally took the last one to a local radiator shop.

they did the same thing as yours:
take it apart and re-solder all the seams. Both sides.

they told me they didn't know how the thing ever stayed together - the repro soldering was so spotty and thin.
Very poor workmanship.

It's the only way I've ever had one of these smooth face tanks stop leaking.

good job!

08-11-2009, 08:41 AM
Mike, do they ship?? In other words if one of us sent a tank to them to repair, would they be ok with sending it back??

I have paid $75 to have tanks overhauled only to have them leak again a year later. All kinds of excuses about the materials being hard to solder and so on.

My long term goal is to get a 61 or later tank, have it overhauled and be done with it...

Probably the single weakest component in an otherwise good car (sorry Ford!)

08-11-2009, 08:55 AM
Yes, he will ship...

08-11-2009, 09:37 AM
email address?? (OK... I know in the case of a radiator shop that's probably asking alot...)

In any event, both the price and quality should be of interest to any number of our dripping, fellow Squarebird owners. Thanks, Mike!!

08-11-2009, 09:51 AM
No email address/website on his card. I told him I'd be mentioning his services to the Forum. You can use my name as a referral when you call. He's re-cored or repaired tanks for several of my radiators and there's one local TBird restorer/collector who uses him exclusively.