PDA

View Full Version : New Squarebird!

FireRescue
03-18-2009, 01:25 AM
Hello, Just wanted to properly introduce myself. My name is James, 23 years old (youngin here). I finally got my Squarebird :)! I work on the T-bird on my days off from the Firehouse. It is somthing I truely enjoy. Im glad to join such a tight knit and helpful community. If anyone has any suggestions I would be much obliged. Currently workin on the engine and interior. Oh ya the forum has been super helpful!

This is my Bird currently.

http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv184/FireRescue220/?action=view&current=edit1.jpg

YellowRose
03-18-2009, 02:42 AM
Hello, James, and welcome to Squarebirds! I was very pleased when I saw that you are in Corpus Christi as I approved your membership! Not to far away from us here in San Antonio. I am a member of the Vintage Thunderbird Club International and the South Texas Thunderbird Club, based here in San Antonio, as is VTCI with Lou and Maryiln Paliani, VTCI Prexy living here. We have a number of members around this part of Texas come to our monthly meetings, held the last Saturday afternoon of each month. We would love to have you come and visit us. I can give you details later on if interested.

I tried to view your Tbird, but the link was not working. I do not think you have it posted correctly. You might want to check that. I tried several times to no avail. I am pleased that you have found the forum helpful to you in restoring your Tbird. Tell us more about her? 352 or 430? Exterior/interior color? Your picture(s) would answer those questions! As you need help, please ask. We have the greatest Squarebirds and other Tbird Techies in the world on here. Let me know if I can help you navigate our Forums.

JohnG
03-18-2009, 07:41 AM
hi James!

Welcome to Squarebirds!!! We look forward to hearing about your '60 and helping you with it! Love the color!!! What's the interior like?

Great to hear that someone 23 has a Squarebird. (Wow! My mufflers are probably older than that...).

best wishes
John

Ca58tbird
03-18-2009, 08:47 AM
James, nice lookin Bird, very clean! your photobucket pic link worked for me. The turquoise color looks great on her. Anxious to see more pics of the interior, engine, etc. Welcome to Squarebirds.

DKheld
03-18-2009, 10:15 AM
James,

That Tbird looks clean and straight. You've found a good place for help and information. How did you find your Tbird?

You might be interested in registering your Tbird on the Thunderbird registry @ http://www.tbirdregistry.com

Eric

(I'm registry # 5347) http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdatasheet.asp?RegistryNumber=5347

YellowRose
03-18-2009, 10:26 AM
Good Morning, James,

Yes, the link works for me this morning. Photobucket must have been having a problem last night when I tried a number of times. I love the color. That is the color that I really would have liked to have had on mine, but could not find one that color at the time I bought Rose. Like the others who have posted, I am interested in seeing pix of your engine and interior. What does your Data Plate say? It will tell you what your car was when it came out of the factory. Is it registered in the Tbird Registry? If it is, you can find out more about the history of your Tbird by checking the VIN number on the Tbird Registry to see if a previous owner registered it.

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/

If it is not registered you can do so by emailing John and giving him the following information.

Your name
Your location (city/State/Province)
Your Thunderbird's year and body style and:
Your Thunderbird's VIN and codes from the data plate
Commentary and description of your Thunderbird
Original owner? Same family since new? Other Significance?
A picture or two - here are some hints (http://www.tbirdregistry.com/pictureguide.htm).... (not too big, please! I do not print pictures. Make sure they are suitable for emailing about 640x480 pixels. Check your camera setting, thanks)You will receive an email in return with a link to your car's permanent web page which can be updated at any time simply by notifying me. Please note this is not an automated service. Every VIN is reviewed by a human and a Registry Number assigned.
http://www.tbirdregistry.com/images/mailto.jpg
Make sure to include the subject line: Thunderbird Registry.
What does the VIN look like? Here are 3 samples.
1955-1959: H9YH123456 (10 characters)
1960-1980: 2Y83Z109876 (11 characters)

Dan Leavens
03-18-2009, 06:17 PM
James also welcome to our international site and some of the most knowledgeable birders, you will find. Visit often, ask many questions and before you know it your project will be complete. Look forward to seeing other pictures and also some specs on your 60:rolleyes:

FireRescue
03-18-2009, 06:55 PM
1960 Thunderbird Hardtop
352 V8 Special with 4 barrel carb
Interior is shot but all original Dark Blue and Aqua
Has cruise control A/C Heater.
Vin # 0Y71Y175730

I am the 3rd owner of the bird. odometer reads 58k not sure if it is accurate. Just rebuilt the carb and got it runnin!
I found this one on craigslist and paid 1000 for it.

Interior pics comming soon

YellowRose
03-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Hi James,

I just ran your VIN # through the Tbird Registry for you. It has not been recorded there by any previous owner. I thought I might be able to find some history on it for you, but nope! When you get some time, you might want to register it. It sounds like you got a great deal on your Tbird!

Thanks for the rundown on it. I see you said it has cruise control on it! That is a new one on me! I am about to get into what you are. Restoring my interior seat cushions, seat covers, etc.. Since you have been looking around the Forums, you probably know that Jed Ca58tbird makes new seat foams, front and back for our Tbirds. I bought mine months ago and am about to put them to use, as I turn Rose over to my interior guy soon. Yours, like mine, are probably shot after 50 years use, unless someone replaced them recently.

I am about to get Rose out of the shop. They have put on the Edlebrock metal fuel input line, and are hooking a metal gas line to it, replacing that rubber gas hose I had running across the engine to the carb. She is about ready for a S&S this weekend, after I clean her up a bit.

Bob M
03-19-2009, 05:15 PM
James
Welcome to the group you will find that any question you ask you will get many good answere and alot of help from all over he world I to am a Firefighter 30+ years with the Ballardsville Fire Dept. Ballardsville Ky.

Dan Leavens
03-19-2009, 05:48 PM
James noticed on the bio of your 60 you mentioned that it has cruise control. This would be an aftermarket add on, as they did not come with them off the assembly line. I had one on my 58HT before restoring and after trying it, quickly pulled it out. These birds are so heavy that I wanted to make sure I was in complete control:eek: to stop them.

Anders
03-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Hello, Just wanted to properly introduce myself. My name is James, 23 years old (youngin here). I finally got my Squarebird :)! I work on the T-bird on my days off from the Firehouse. It is somthing I truely enjoy. Im glad to join such a tight knit and helpful community. If anyone has any suggestions I would be much obliged. Currently workin on the engine and interior. Oh ya the forum has been super helpful!

This is my Bird currently.

http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv184/FireRescue220/?action=view&current=edit1.jpg

Most welcome James.
Realy, realy great to see such a young guy take care of a Squarebird :)

Richard D. Hord
03-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Welcome James,
I've not been a member long myself.:D You will find these guys have a world of information that if asked they will share or if they don't know will find out for you. You will also find that the search column above is very helpful. Just click the search button, type in what you are looking for and if it has been posted before it will be there. And Ray (Yellow Rose) has went above and beyond, walked the extra mile to help me.:)
James, it good to see a young man get involved and have a passion to restore these old Thunderbirds. I wish there were more young people like you!
I hope you find this, like me, to be the most useful and helpful sight on the Internet.
WELCOME!!!
THUNDERBIRDS FOREVER!:D
Richard D. Hord

white_fox
03-23-2009, 01:41 AM
Welcome to our family.Great to see your car! it's the same colour as my '58. although it's not a '58 colour ,I love it. great to see someone young getting into our 'birds.

saverio
03-24-2009, 02:18 PM
Welcome to the site james. That is a clean looking bird you have there.

This site is the place you want to be for expert advice in all areas. I know they helped me as a beginer and they help me now.

Good luck to you, and hey I didn't catch the name of your bird. You do know you have to give it a name,right?

sal

FireRescue
03-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Been thinking about it , havent really decided =)

Dutchbird
03-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Hi James, great car and welcome!
We can shake hands on that, I still have no name for my Bird also.

Dan Leavens
03-24-2009, 06:30 PM
White Fox great to see you back on the site from your neighbour in Alberta:p