PDA

View Full Version : Meadowbook Concours

tmjsong1aolcom
02-01-2009, 01:46 AM
I was contacted recently by one of the committee people looking for a #1 1959 convert. that is interested in attending the concours. The site is just north of Detoit.

I attended the event a couple years ago and found it interesting.
Was fun but not sure I would like these events as a routine.

Please let me know and I will forward the gents email address.

Tanx
Fuz
58's&64's
Sun Prairie, Wi.
tmjsong1@aol.com

Dan Leavens
02-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Fuz I hear you about attending on a regular basis to these types of events especially finding a #1 59 convertible. A buddy of mine in Calgary has a 59 HT that he thought was a solid #2 car.It is a very sweet 59. After he had it judged, he just about went ballistic:mad: with the point deduction:eek: He lost points because the glue holding the trunk seal ( on the 59 it's on the top inside of the trunk ) overan and was visible. When he pointed out that that's the way it came off the assembly line, he was told that's not good enough:confused: He scored well but obviously not what he thought, hence the patience factor on judging.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada

byersmtrco
02-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Our club has a "mini' concours every year. It's a club tradition, but it's pretty much an all day root canal.

We try to be fair with the judging and not nit-pick. There are aprox 120 members/cars in out club. Of that (maybe) 10 of them are concours quality. I'd say 70 % of the cars in our club are Bullet Birds. Safe to say, 6 or 7 out of that 10 cars is too. My 60 Conv does not fall into concours level. I go show n shine or "modified" division. We use the concours more as a guideline for people in their projects. It's also a safety inspection.

Now . . . if someone brings a trailer queen and thinks he has a 300 pt car, we'll go over it with a fine tooth comb.

We had a 60 HT at our Lincoln Ca concours a few yrs ago. NICE !! Ford never built on this nice.He got bent out of shape for 2 points being deducted. He got downright angry.
He was docked for a leaking rocker cover gasket and having the inst/bezel and glove box door polished into chrome rather than the (original) satin finish.

I do know where there is a #1 59 conv. he was here in San Jose but moved to Texas. He wants 30K for it. At least he did. It's been stored. It only needs to be detailed.