PDA

View Full Version : Trunk & Hood Lining

byersmtrco
01-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Has anyone found a source for the truck lining that's not that cheesy paper thin garbage? I bought the kit from Larry's T/B a few years ago.
It's junk!! I was hoping to find the original (thick) lining.

The hood too. I realize the hood lining was installed at the factory before the two halfs were pinch welded together. Somebody has to make somthing close to that material.
I thought someone on here mentioned some kind of roofing paper or . . .

Thanks,

YellowRose
01-06-2009, 01:37 AM
John, do a search on "roofing paper" and "hood lining" and you will see all kinds of comments about using felt or a roofing paper type material that was used and how they did it, including pictures. They used the useless material you bought and used it as patterns to make new hood linings.

TChicken
01-06-2009, 01:01 PM
Yeah that was me.I also bought those cheapos,ended up taking the insulation off and using them as templates.I used I think 50 lb felt paper.I actually cut 2 pieces of each template and glued them together then glued them to the hood.Just be sure to use a super strong glue.I used a spray glue to glue the 2 pieces together then used construction adhesive to mount to the hood.Problem was the 2 pieces came apart.I posted pics of the results and they looked reeeeal good.Look under Hood Insulation from my past posts.

tbird430
01-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Another ideal is to hit the local vehicle salvage yards. Look for the big 1960-70 Lincolns, Caddys, LTD's. The same type of material was used for the trucnk floor linings in thoses cars, it would would give you some BIG full sized sheets too. ;)

saverio
01-13-2009, 04:11 PM
John, up at the T-Bird ranch put me on to the roofing paper.There are many grades or thicknesses to choose from. I haven't done it yet but it's on my list.Trying talking to him more about this,he may have additional hints.

sal