PDA

View Full Version : The Tbird Virtual Fest Power Show

YellowRose
07-31-2008, 01:33 PM
I have sent out a copy of the power show that I have created so far to Bob M, Bill, Down Undere and EG for them to review. I am ready to add some more pictures of YOUR car(s). Rather than go over the details regarding picture shots and sizes to send, go down to the post under this and look at what I posted there.

If you want to see what I have done so far, (and I only have Alexander's car and Bob M's, and Penelope in so far) send me a pm with an email address to use and I can send it to you. It will shortly become to big to send through email because I am keeping the pictures full screen so everyone will be able to get a great look at each car... :D

RustyNCa
07-31-2008, 03:18 PM
So what models, years of TBirds are you wanting to see?

I only ask since I have 3.5 birds from various years :D

YellowRose
07-31-2008, 04:03 PM
Hi Rusty!

That is a good question! I will let YA'll give me the answer. Do we just put in 1958-1966 Tbirds, like this forum is set up for? Do we include 1955-1957 Baby Birds? Do we include all Tbirds from 1955 to present?

Personally, since we dont seem to have any 1955-1958 Tbird owners on this forum, (that I know of) or those who own Tbirds beyond 1966, I dont see how we are going to reach them to ask them to send me pictures of their Birds...

You tell me what you would like in your power show.

RustyNCa
07-31-2008, 05:02 PM
Hi Rusty!

Personally, since we dont seem to have any 1955-1958 Tbird owners on this forum, (that I know of) or those who own Tbirds beyond 1966, I dont see how we are going to reach them to ask them to send me pictures of their Birds...

You tell me what you would like in your power show.

Maybe all the other Squarebird and Flarebird owners are like me, and don't find the smaller birds all that intriguing :). Not sure about the rest of ya'll but the baby birds while nice, don't really do that much for me, especially when I factor in how much they go for. I'd have to sell my 58, 65 and my 68 olds to afford one :eek:.

tbird430
07-31-2008, 05:25 PM
I think 1958-66 only. There is TONS of information/pictures of the 1955-57 T-Birds out there already. It is easy to find as well.

Just my 2 cents. :rolleyes:

scumdog
07-31-2008, 05:30 PM
YellowRose, I've sent you a PM on this, love the idea!!

Bob M
08-01-2008, 07:02 AM
Ray
I did not see anything down below that you posted,did you send the power show by US Mail ?

YellowRose
08-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Hi Bob,

No, I was going to send you the power show in email, but I don't have your email address in my address book. Call me, if you like, and give it to me or send it to me in a PM and I can send you the show. It is nearly to large for emailing already, but it did go out to about a half dozen members this morning. I only have about 4-5 members cars in it so far, including yours.

RustyNCa
08-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Ray, you want me to send you a bunch of emails or just look here and let me know what you like and I could send you the bigger photos.

I think most of what I have is posted here, except on the 58, the inprocess before pics are not on the site.

http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m125/justacog/

Cheers
RustyNCA

YellowRose
08-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Hi Rusty,

I think I can get what I need of that link you gave me. If not, I will PM you and let you now. You can PM me, if you would and let me know the year of the Birds, and their names, if you have named them. I want to make sure I get it straight. Do I see three of them in those pix? I will take a closer look. If you want to see what I have put together so far, you can PM me with a good hi-speed email address to send it to. This file is nearly 10MB and managed to get through to the others okay, I gather. But I will not be able to email it much longer. It will be to big to get through email. Send me your pictures, ya'll! It will save me from having to search through tons of posts to find them on here...

RustyNCa
08-01-2008, 02:50 PM
Hi Rusty,

I think I can get what I need of that link you gave me. If not, I will PM you and let you now. You can PM me, if you would and let me know the year of the Birds, and their names, if you have named them. I want to make sure I get it straight. Do I see three of them in those pix? I will take a closer look. If you want to see what I have put together so far, you can PM me with a good hi-speed email address to send it to. This file is nearly 10MB and managed to get through to the others okay, I gather. But I will not be able to email it much longer. It will be to big to get through email. Send me your pictures, ya'll! It will save me from having to search through tons of posts to find them on here...

I actually have four :D, only three run tho.

The yellow one is a 58, kids named it BigBird :rolleyes:
The blue is a 59 and she don't run yet. We could call her the playboy.... when I finally opened the trunk, found it was full of old playboys, five boxes... :)
The white one is a 65 and is destined to be my sons, I bought it for him, he hasn't named it yet.
The special is a 65, and is well, special, but no name other than the kids call it the brown bird :eek:

YellowRose
08-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Hi Ya'll!

I just finished adding all four of Rusty's Tbirds to the power show, and both of El Guapo's! There are now 76 pictures, I think it was, in the show. Wait til you see EG's section! Your eyes will be bulging! :D At present, I dont have anyone else's pictures to add. So send me some! I am caught up, unless I put mine in while I am waiting for others. But I am gonna take a break and get some supper in me.

I think you will enjoy it. When members have supplied me with "Before" pictures, I have put them in first. Then the "After" pictures after the "Before" pix. Makes sense to me! Some of them were in really bad shape when obtained, but you would never know it by looking at how they restored them. Some of them probably run better than the day they came off the production line..:D

I hope the guys in the other forums for Bullet and Rocket Birds are reading down here. I want pix of '58-'66 Birds. I have a few so far of the latter ones.. Those of you who own Bullet Birds send me some Bullet Bird pix toooo!

Bob M
08-03-2008, 08:29 AM
Ray
I just watched you Power Show and I like it,it would be great if you could get pictures from all our menbers:cool:

tbirds8
08-03-2008, 08:51 AM
Hi Yellow rose, I can send a pic of my 66 by email, i think. I can't seem to put on here. Kinda stupid when it comes to a computer. My email is Tbirds8 @msn.com Thanks Bill

YellowRose
08-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Hi Bill,

I just sent ya an email. You can send any pictures to that email. I will get them fine. :D

dgs
08-03-2008, 04:18 PM
I couldn't find the instructions on what to send where, can you list them again? I've got a bunch, most are in my gallery (http://www.salguod.net/gallery/). Main gallery here (http://www.salguod.net/gallery/1960-thunderbird-convertible/), suspension rebuild here (http://www.salguod.net/gallery/squarebird-suspension-rebuild/). I also have a gallery of T'birds I've seen at shows and other images I've come across here (http://www.salguod.net/gallery/thunderbirds/). I've got more I need to add to that gallery.

All those images are reduced for the web, I have higher resolutions if you want them.

YellowRose
08-03-2008, 05:18 PM
Hi DGS!

The instructions have been posted here below in other posts. Anyone who wants to contact me by email can do so by clicking on my user name which should take you to the User CP section. Go to the Contact Info section to the right side of my info. There you will find the link to "Send an email to YellowRose, or something like that. Just above the link to send me a PM. You can click on that email link and you can send me an email. Now in your case, since you gave me the links to several of your picture web pages, I will look at those. If I need more pictures, I will let you know.

Here is what would like to have. Pictures sized to 1024 x 768. I can reduce larger pictures than that. I would like shots of what your Bird looked like "Before" restoration and "After". One shot of the front, one of the side, one of the engine, one of the back, and at least one good shot of the whole interior, if you have them. If not, just send me what she looks like now. One shot of the front, one of the side, one of the back, one of the engine, and preferably, one good shot of the front interior and one good shot of the back interior.

If you dont have that many shots, just send me a few of what ya have and I will put in what ya send me.:D

YellowRose
08-06-2008, 01:43 AM
I was asked if overseas members can send me pix of their Tbirds. Of course you can. In fact, after Alexander's Tbirds, "Penelope" from Down Under leads off! This show is open to any '58-'66 Tbird owner who wants people to see their Birds. The intent is for it to be shown at future car shows across the country so others can see our Tbirds and what we have done with them. Many of us can't make those shows, so this way, others can see our virtual Show & Shine at these shows.

I am adding your Tbirds in the order you send pix to me. There are about a half dozen of you or more who have now sent me pix. Some of you own or owned multiple Birds, and I have posted those also.

If anyone has any pix of Alexander's two Birds, I need them. I tried to use the two thumbnails under his signature, but they do not expand worth a flip. I need something that is around 600x800 or something around there. I can expand smaller pix to a certain limit, but if they are two small, they diffuse and do not look good.

I wish I could show you the show, but it is way to big to send through email now. It is 29.8MB big.. I think it is very good, and others who saw it when it was a smaller file thought I was on the right track.

I have about 10 days left to plug in your pix before I need to get this off to EG for his car show. After that, it will be available to others who want to show it at their local shows. I will continue to add to it as long as ya'll send me pix... So send me more!:D

YellowRose
08-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Here is an update on the show. Last night and this morning, I received a lot of pictures from Anders and John Byers. I am plugging theirs in now. Anders also sent me a number of general Tbird pictures seen in Sweden. As a result, I am creating a "Thunderbirds Of Sweden" section in the power show. The show now has 176 pictures in it.

I NEED A GOOD PICTURE OF ALEXANDER'S BLACK GOLDE TOP TBIRD! Anyone have one?

There are now 17 owners who have sent me pictures, or links to theirs. You will have dozens of pictures to look at when you see the show. It presently runs for 16 minutes, and will loop. I used a timing factor of about 5 seconds per picture, which should be enough time to get a good look at each Tbird until the next one comes up. You can always look again!

Once I get this show off to EG for his car show, I can start thinking about making copies of it. EG, I will send you two copies, so you have some insurance in case one goes bad.

It is not to late to send me your pictures if you have not done so yet. As for those of you who have, please do not send me anymore pix because if I insert them into the power show along with the others of yours that are already there, it will throw off my music sequence. I spent a good part of yesterday afternoon, and evening re-sequencing the music to match up with the pictures, and not over ride them. There are a half dozen different cuts of music in this show.:D

fomoco59
08-11-2008, 08:43 AM
I NEED A GOOD PICTURE OF ALEXANDER'S BLACK GOLDE TOP TBIRD! Anyone have one?

If someone has last year's Squarebirds Calendar, I think Alexander's black '60SR was in there in October with him dressed as a vampire. My scanner is broken and the CafePress link http://www.cafepress.com/sportsterror/959843 that was originally producing the calendars doesn't have it in their listing anymore.

YellowRose
08-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Thanks, Mike! If anyone has that 2007 calendar and can scan in that October picture of Alexander and his Black Golde Top, I would greatly appreciate it. I want to take out the small picture of both his cars that he used as his signature, and replace it with separate pictures. I have a good one of his white car already. That small picture did not expand well and distorted the cars, but it was all I had.

The show now stands at 20 owner contributors, with about 200 pictures in the show. I will have to wrap it up and send it by the last of this week, but I still have time to add more pictures. If you have not sent me yours yet, please do!

juantejeda
08-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Hello,

I thought I had sent you some of my pic's.

You have my permission to use any and all the pics I have on CarDomain. If this won't work, let me know and I can forward the pics to you, but I have a good selection on display on CarDomain, http://www.cardomain.com/ride/833127.

TJ

YellowRose
08-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Hi JT,

You did and I did! I have a number of your pix in the show. I see that I have the name of your Bird wrong though. On your web page it is called "Misti" as I recall, but here you called her "Mis-T". I can change that quickly. Thanks for the pix! :D

fomoco59
08-12-2008, 07:36 AM
My mistake, it was 2006 calendar. I got my scanner to work, but it's kinda grainy... Alexander and his Sunroof car.

YellowRose
08-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Thanks, Mike and Bob M! Bob sent me a PM saying that he had done a search on Halloween and found the pix Alexander posted several years back of him, his nieces, and TB decked out for Halloween. There are several posts. 10-29-04 & 11-3-07 were two of them, as I recall. There are others also. Look for anything about Halloween and scan down through the entries, all of them regarding Halloween. You will find them. Some of you still on the forum made comments on them.

I found that same picture you sent me Mike, and a better quality one that Alexander posted himself. I also found an even better one in front of his Tbird. So I will use that until I can find a regular picture of the car itself. However, this is a pretty good picture of Alexander and what he looked like when he dressed up!:D Lets see if I can post it. Yup, that should do it! Check out the license plate, the red light bulb in the spotlight. Check out the interior. You will find a big picture of it with the cobwebs and stuff. He went all out for Halloween with his neices! :p

Anders
08-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Scary stuff :eek:

tbirds8
08-12-2008, 06:24 PM
Great pics I fogot those

Bob M
08-13-2008, 07:03 PM
Is his spot light Red maybe we just learned a little more about our old friend;)

YellowRose
08-13-2008, 09:37 PM
Yes! Alexander would replace the bulb in his spotlight with a red one. He must have had a great time with his nieces, and vice-versa, during Halloween and I am sure at many other times also.

YellowRose
08-14-2008, 04:21 AM
The Power Show is done.. If anyone else sends pictures, I will add them to a second edition if I do one. This show has about 220 pictures in it, runs about 20 minutes or so, and then loops. There have been about two dozen contributors from across the world to it. I will do some final checking of it today and mail it off to EG on Friday... Well in time for his show.:D

Bob M
08-14-2008, 11:27 AM
Ray
Will we be able to see your finished product

YellowRose
08-14-2008, 11:54 AM
Hi Bob,

Yes, it will be available to anyone who wants a copy of it, provided it is not a bust for EG! I will see what he has to say about it after getting it, playing it, and showing it.:D

Petrolhead
08-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Hi Ray

Yes, it would be great if we could get copies. Perhaps at a cost that covers postage, plus a donation to Squarebirds?

Ray, you do a fine job for this forum, thank you

Alistair

tbird430
08-14-2008, 06:46 PM
I agree. Sorry I just read the message over on the Bullet Bird forum saying that u were unable to use my pictures. My wife finally had her gal bladder removed this am, so I had been off this site the last 24-36 hours. Please read my message over there Ray reguarding what u would like me to do.

Thanks again for ALL your hard work Ray,
Jon

YellowRose
08-15-2008, 02:03 AM
Jon, you have a PM waiting for you with email instructions. I can still get them in, I think.

To all: Yes, providing this Power Show passes the EG Test, (and it should) I plan on making this show available to anyone who wants it, especially the two dozen of you who contributed to it. EG is going to show it on his AC powered laptop during his car show on the 23rd. The idea behind the show is to honor Alexander, and to use it at Show & Shine events across the country in your areas. It will give you the chance to show others what the guys on Squarebirds are doing with their beloved Tbirds. It should also be a good tool to bring new members into the forum.

It has been suggested that anyone wanting a copy could provide me funds to cover the cost of a shipping container and postage. Some of you have said that I should not have to bear the cost of shipping this all over the place. I do not want anything for the time I spent putting this together. It was a labor of love.

I saw the comments about making contributions to Squarebirds to help defray the costs of shipping. With Alexander's passing, I do not know how that would work. Later today, when I mail it, I will find out the cost of an individual postal CD container and mailing costs to several different parts of the country. Then a few to places like Sweden, Australia, New Zealand, etc... I will let you know what that will cost.

"Penelope" also has suggested that those that receive it overseas could burn the CD and provide copies to other forum members in their respective countries. That is an excellent idea and would cut down the costs of overseas shipping.

To view this Power Show your PC or Mac (because I will have a Mac version on the CD also, and the respective viewing files) will have to have Microsoft Office for Windows or Microsoft Office for Mac on it, which should contain Microsoft PowerPoint. Or one of the free Microsoft Viewer files. I will have a Windows and a Mac Viewer file on the CD for you to install if you have to. If your PC or Mac already has Microsoft Office on it, you should just be able to click on the Power Show File and it should start playing. However... Your PC or Mac will probably have to have a good bit of Ram and a good Video card to handle this big power show. It has over 200 pictures in it, and is over 70MB in size. I am running with a GB of Ram on my PC and a half Gig on my Mac G4, and so far, both have handled it okay.

I will get back with you with more details. I have to finalize the sequence of the Mac version before I hit the sack. My Bird is back from it's hysterectomy.. (Rebuilt Tranny). It seems to be running very well. In the morning, we will be working on that drivers side window, replacing the gas float (the new one has a hole in it and tells you the tank is empty!) with another one and maybe find out what is wrong with the power seat. I got a new power seat switch and 30amp breaker in.

Anders
08-15-2008, 05:08 AM
As soon as I can lay my hands on it, I will show it on our "friday afternoon meeting with cake" here at Volvo Design Dept. :D

YellowRose
08-16-2008, 04:36 AM
The Power Show is finished and on a CD ready to send to EG in the morning, once I get some sleep! I hope he likes it... There are two versions on the CD. One for a Mac, and one for a PC and they are named that way. You will know which one is the Mac version and which one is the PC version by the title. There is also a Mac Power Point Viewer file that can be installed on your Mac if you need it. Also one for the PC. Both are virus free, and free files.

Lets see how this works for EG and his car show. I hope it does.... :D G'Night! Sleep Calls...

Anders
08-16-2008, 07:00 AM
I have PC at work, and iMac at home....:o

Dan Leavens
08-16-2008, 10:26 AM
Ray when you have a moment and it is completed would you send me the file on the power show, to my other e-mail address.

dleavens@changinglanesltd.com

As the file is large I will be able to open and burn to CD.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada

YellowRose
08-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Good Morning, Dan,

The problem I will have with trying to send it through email is that I think my ISP will reject the file as being to large for email purposes. I am pretty sure that my ISP's email software will not allow a file so large to be processed through it.

I can try it, though. What I planned on doing was, after EG uses it, and lets me know of any changes, adjustments or improvements there might be needed, was to snail mail it to each person who wants a copy. Then, they can burn copies for others in their country that might want one. I hope this takes off and others will show it at future car shows across the country.

Gotta go. I need to get to the post office before 1pm and I still have to buy some CD labels and print out a label for the CD.

Petrolhead
08-17-2008, 03:42 PM
As I will show it on our "friday afternoon meeting with cake" here at Volvo Design Dept. :D

Anders, you spelt 'cake' wrong... here in New Zealand it's spelt 'b... e... e... r...' ;)

YellowRose
08-17-2008, 06:29 PM
I did try to email the power show to Dan, who has a high speed, wideband email system. The problem is that the file is wayyy to large for my ISP's email system to handle, I am sure. I tried several times, and both times it refused to pass it on through. So emailing a file that size looks to be out of the question for sure.

I had to use one of the "Quicky" labels that came with the label software package I bought to get the show off to EG. Since I finished that part of the project, I sat down and spent hours working on a good label that looks professional. I think what I came up with, using a couple of pictures out of the power show, looks really good and professional. It will have the forum URL on the bottom of it for anyone who wants to come join us, or check our forum out. I will send EG a new CD with this label on it. I think you will like it. :)

And Anders, that is how we spell "cake" in this country also! B...E...E...R...! Especially, in Texas! :D

Anders
08-18-2008, 04:55 AM
Yeah, yeah, yeah.....:rolleyes:
Ford don┤t allow us to bring in beer and booze on our internal meetings. Darn yankees. They would most probably not approve the cake either, if they just know about it....
Btw: Here, we spell Beer, "Íl".;)

dgs
08-19-2008, 11:53 PM
How big is it? You might look for a place to store it on the web and folks could download it from there. I know there are large file transfer services out there as well. It'd save you from making all those CDs, but we wouldn't get to see that spiffy label.

YellowRose
08-20-2008, 12:38 AM
Hi Doug,

It is about 70mb in size now. I am doing some tweaking on it at present. I dont mind burning the copies. I have a good CD burner. I want to tweak the label a bit more and see if I can improve on it. One of the Tbirds got stretched a bit when I tried to make it fit the width of the CD. It kinda looks like a
S t r e t c h Tbird. I am going to have to try different sizes of that picture and see if I can fix it.

As for putting it on the web, I don't know how one would run a power show from it. I guess I would find one of those websites that allows you to park your data files, and give ya'll a link to it. However, that defeats the purpose of having it on a CD for guys who want to show it at S&S's, and dont have access to the internet... The beauty of the CD is that you just pop it in your PC CD player and away it goes. Of course, it helps if you have your laptop or PC hooked to an AC source!

So I think I will just stick with the CD. I dont mind making the labels or the CD's. I am waiting to hear what EG has to say about the show. He might have received it today, or if not, he should have it by tomorrow or Thursday, at the latest.

juantejeda
08-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Hey Ray, send me a copy, if you can. juantejeda@yahoo.com

YellowRose
08-21-2008, 03:08 PM
Hi Juan,

It is to big for me to get through my ISP. It won't handle a 70mb file:( I will tell ya'll how you can go about getting a copy in the next day or two. I just got a PM from EG and he likes it! :D That was the news I was waiting on. Bart has seen it, and so has Lou & Marilyn Paliani, of Vintage Thunderbird Club, International. They think it is great! So maybe I have done something good here! I am tweeking the Mac version right now, after adding in Tbird 430's pix. I should have it ready to burn, put labels on it, and then get ready for distribution... More details to follow! :p

GTE427
08-21-2008, 04:23 PM
Ray,
Since you mentioned Lou from the VTCI, I am just getting caught up on the many post since I was away at the VTCI International meet in Colorado Springs the beginning of August. I brought back some pictures of mostly Squarebirds form the meet, they would have been nice to include in your CD if my timing had been better. The meet was awesome!!