PDA

View Full Version : Alexander Pass away

tbird430convt
03-11-2008, 07:25 AM
I have the sad task to inform the club that at approximately
6:00 PM March 10,2008 Alexander Sosiak passed away after a year long battle with cancer. It is a great loss to me as a friend for 30 years and a fellow T-Bird collector. Before Al became a doctor he was one of the foremost experts on insects. In his thirties he decided to go to medical school. He graduated Columbia University and Albert Einstein Medical School. The one thing I loved about him is he never told anybody he was a doctor and never acted like pompous know it all even though he was a gifted genius. He was a great listener and buddy. He would give you the shirt off his back and never told me no when asked a favor. He never drank, smoked or cursed. He was just a really good guy. Al was probably the only doctor I knew that was always strapped for money because he was more interested in helping people than his collecting bills. Unfortunately he leaves behind his wife Julie whom he married just a short time ago. After spending a lot of time with Al the last year during his sickness I really feel that life is just not fair. Al will be deeply missed.
His friend, Keith Piacente

SandyBoy
03-11-2008, 08:19 AM
I am crying. I can hardly see to type this. I have known Alex for a long time. We met over on his L.O.D. board (Lincolns of Distinction) when we both had Mark8s. He has been to my house several times. He's agreat man. I had been calling him on his cell phone over the last 4 months or possibly longer. The last time I called (like 6 days ago) there was no answer. I did fear for the worst, after that & did not call again.
He had a very hard & stressful time speaking and that is why I didn't call again. As many of you know, I do not own, and have never owned, a T-Bird. Alex & I each started our own website to promote the cars we loved. I came on here to support this site, and Alex came on my board to support my site. That is how/why I got here.
This hits me very hard, as I too am currently battling Cancer, going for Chemo and the rest of it, and usually feel sick (85% of the time). I was diagnosed last October, but am doing okay - so far.
I had hope, alot of hope, that Alex would make it and win the battle. I truly believed that he would. Now, I fear for my own success.
Julie...
If you read this, my thoughts, my prayers are with you, and so is my sadness. You had a truly remarkable & devoted man, and he loved you - Oh, so very very much. I will really really miss him.

Sanford "Sandy" Block
cigarsandy@comcast.net

fomoco59
03-11-2008, 08:32 AM
Oh No... I'm in shock. I've been aquainted with Alex for 4 or 5 years also, altho we never met in person. A great guy to talk to and the "guru" of Squarebirds. A terrible loss.

tarps3
03-11-2008, 09:34 AM
Although I never met Alexander in person, we spoke on the phone during my work on my TBird. we emailed each other frequently.
What a genuinely nice human being. One of the few that were left in the world.
He was a friend and a gentleman to everyone he met and helped.

I lost my stepdad to cancer years ago - he raised me and taught me to be a man when everyone else had given up on me.
I think about him daily. Now I feel the familiar sense of loss again with Alexander's passing from this same evil disease.

I will pray for Alexander's family and I feel very sad (and frankly a little angry) hearing this news. Why is it the good guys always go first?

What a horrible vacuum now exists in the human race.

Petrolhead
03-11-2008, 03:13 PM
This news is so incredibly sad. I didn't know Alexander and am new to this message board, but reading today's posts, and those prior to his passing, leave no doubt that he was a great and well loved man.
My deepest sympathy to his family, friends and colleagues.
Alistair

LeoC2
03-11-2008, 04:18 PM
I just got the call from Julie about an hour ago. This is so sad, while expected it still comes as a shock. He will be sorely missed.

frank58
03-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Totally speechless...........

YellowRose
03-11-2008, 05:37 PM
I did not have the honor or the privilege of knowing Alexander on a personal basis. I first became aware of him as the person who re-created the improved copy of the detente plate which I bought and put in my '59. Then I became a member of Squarebirds and read many of his posts. He was always helping people, answering questions for us "newbies" and giving us advice on our Birds.

Then I learned of his battle with cancer. A battle that I am very familiar with. It has been 10 years this past January that I lost my beloved wife, Faye, to this deadly disease. In her case, it was ovarian cancer. Her passing led me to create a website in her memory. That website led me to become very involved in ovarian cancer education and awareness. I now sit as an active board member on two ovarian cancer organizations in San Antonio.

So when Alexander (and others) commented on what they were going through regarding chemo and other treatments, I had a very good idea of what they were experiencing. He put up a great fight. As one of you said, it is a terrible thing to lose such a wonderful and talented person.. He will be sorely missed by all of us, especially those who have known him for so long.

We will forever remember him in our memories as the great man he was. I re-dedicate the rest of my life in helping to stamp out this terrible disease that took the life of a great man, and a great woman, and so many more great ones out there we may never know about.

I have to stop. I cannot see what I am typing for the tears...:(

Ray
'59 "Yellow Rose" VTCI #11178

tbirds8
03-11-2008, 05:38 PM
My deepest sympathys to Alex's faimily. I never meet him but feel like I've known him for years. Bill Newman

10tbird
03-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Uncle Alexander was my favorite uncle.He took me to car shows, he bought me model cars(that I collect) and he gave me information I needed for my projects.Uncle Alexander was my best friend.I will never forget him.:)

Alexander's neice Kate

byersmtrco
03-11-2008, 09:24 PM
I've been dreading this news. I was hoping it would be sometime in the (distant) future.
For someone I've never met face to face, what a loss. What a good friend Alexander has been. I'll certainly miss the emails and phone conversations and most of all the 100 % correct answers for all of our TBird related questions.
Thank you Julie for calling me. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

John, Debbie and Justin Byers

SandyBoy
03-11-2008, 09:31 PM
I wrote Julie (Alex's Wife) a note & will postal mail it tomorrow. If anyone here would like the address, write to me off board at
cigarsandy@comcast.net
if you'd like to send her your thoughts.

Sandy

bcomo
03-11-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm so deeply sorry to hear about Alexander. Someone who I never met in person, but wish that I had.

If you look at the number of posts by Alexander, you'll see 3,421 of them. Mostly all of his posts were answers to questions from others to help them. That was truely his giving nature, and part of what he has left all of us to remember him by.

My sympathy to Julie and all of his family.

Bart and Tammy Como

dgs
03-11-2008, 10:44 PM
I only knew Aleander through this site, and then not very well. We only came in contact in the threads. Seeing all thses kind comments, I wish I had gotten the opportunity to know him better.

It's a sad day for the community.

:(:(

skyd
03-11-2008, 11:12 PM
I was saddened by the news. He was and is a great spirit. Only knowing him from his posts on this, but the fact that he gave his time and effort to truly help us all, for just the love of our hobbies says alot about the type the person he was.

He will be missed and it is a sad day.

Bob M
03-12-2008, 09:01 PM
I never met Alexander but did talked to him on the phone once.No words
can express my sorrow for his family. I have to belive that he is now in a better place without any pain. I have always belive that I was put on earth for a puporse and when that was completed that the Lord will call on me for another task,and I belive that Alxeander has been called on for another task. Maybe his last task was to get all of us to have this wab site and with his help and guidenance we have all learned and enjoyed each others good times and bad times.

Bob M

tbirdtom
03-12-2008, 09:11 PM
We have known Alexander for 10 or more years. He always provided helpful information to me during the restoration of our Thunderbird. We had the pleasure of spending the day with him last June while attending the North Jersey Thunderbird Club show. We talked all day about our passion, Squarebirds. We always learned from each other, and we always raised new questions about these cars. Alexander was a wealth of knowledge about many Ford vehicles, and was a inventor of many machines in the medical field. He was a guy you could always count on when in need.
Our prayers are with his family at this sad time. He will be missed.

Tom and Linda Young

driller
03-13-2008, 10:46 PM
We have lost someone very, very special. :(

Alexander was loved by many and liked by all that came into contact with him. This site and the people here was truly special to him as was the Lincolns of Distinction Car Club which he founded.

http://www.lincolnsofdistinction.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=20388

God Bless you all while we pray for those close to him who he left behind.

Rest in Peace Alexander, know that those you love will never forget you.

newyear
03-15-2008, 04:30 PM
I am very sorry to learn that Alexander has passed away.Frankly ,he struck me as being a genius.He was always civil and generous with his advice and made membership of this board a privilege.
My sympathy to his family and friends
Peter

Rockin Kev
03-15-2008, 05:37 PM
Julie, Family and close Friends,

Even thou i never got to met Alex in Person, well nearly we passed like ships in the night once in PA at a Ford car show, Bob from Bobs Bird house remembers as we tried to find Alex at the show.

All i ever wanted to do say to him was a BIG Thank you for all the help and the Vast help he gave the Squarebird Family, not just in America but Worldwide.

Alex was truely a one off kind of Guy and he will be sadly missed as we all know,

Kev and Rachel

United Kingdom.

LeoC2
03-15-2008, 11:56 PM
It was so heartwarming to see so many people at the wake last night. It literally was standing room only in the largest room of the funeral parlor spilling into the hallway.

The Church this morning was a beautiful service, Alexander touched not just our lives but so many more. I don't think any of us realized just how much.

Representing the LOD were
Steve
Sharon (Trixie) who drove 900 miles from Chicago to arrive at 3AM
Dave (Dave97LSC)
Joe (BadSax) Who took a day from work to come down from Cape Cod
John and Tammie (Driller) who came up from WV after just coming off a long business road trip
And me.

At the wake there were also many of his friends from this Squarebirds site. In fact, many of the photos featured were of Alexander and his T-Birds.

It's been a very sad weekend.

430MEL
03-17-2008, 07:25 PM
I have not been on the site in awhile because of my job. This is the first I am hearing about the death of Alex. I never met the man but felt I was part of his family through this site. I will miss his experienced answers to my stupid questions. He helped me get through some frustrating timing problems with my 60. I know he is looking out for all of us right now.
God rest his soul.

Peavey_T40
03-23-2008, 06:30 PM
My deepest sympathys to the family...

Anders
03-24-2008, 10:58 AM
Chocking news!
I feel realy bad even though I did not know Alexander, as I am quite new to this forum. Feeling even worse or actually like a jerk as I have ordered a Detent plate and have mailed why it is not sended yet...
I order it through "Buy it now at E-bay", and didnīt know it was from "our" Alexander.

A terrible loss.:(
A hughe thanks to everybody that keep this site opend for us,
and my deepest sympathys to his family.

Anders
04-07-2008, 11:31 AM
I little envelop from Forest Hills, NY with my Detent plate suddenly arrived today.
This little piece of metal means more than a firm Park from now, and will go with the owner, and not the car, even though I donīt plan to ever sell "Ruth".
Iīm not sure who from the Sosiak family that sended it, but I like to say that I am very greatful.
1000 thanks. :)

6TB1RD
04-15-2008, 05:04 PM
I have been away for a wile and just got back to read this news.

My prayers go out the Alex's family and close friends. as I know to well the feelings of losing a dear friend and family member.

Even though I had never met Alex personally he was a big help to myself and I'm sure all that ever came in contact with him either in person or on this form.

My thanks goes out Alex whom none of us would have ever gotten to know anyone else that has the same Passion with there Birds as we do, Because of him I have met new Friends here on this form who I am looking forward to meeting in person at the car shows, I'm sure we will meet at a few of them and the topic of decision will evidently lead to Alex, for whom we are all grateful for letting us get to know one and another.

One day I'm sure we will all meet at the great car show in the sky and Alex will be there to talk to all of us.

My best to all

George

kang27
05-05-2008, 05:02 PM
I have been loking for Alex for the past 15 yrs. He was a dear friend of mine and I finally got it pinned down where he was today and I found out he died. He was the greatest man I even knew and I wish I could have found him before this. If anyone can share with me some recent pictures and stories of his life, pls contact me. The last photos I have of him are from when he was in his 30's with me at the resort he used to work at. I am so devistated, I can hardly believe this has happened to him.

SandyBoy
05-05-2008, 06:50 PM
He had developed a lump on the side of his leg, up high, near the side of the stomach. It was cancerous. Sadly, it spread like a forest fire and eventually spread to his lungs & brain. It claimed his young (49) life.
They did everything possible to try & save him.

I too, miss him, ALOT. He was a good guy, a Doctor by vocation, a friend to all.

El Guapo
05-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Ya always think theres more time,I was in NY last Dec. and wished I'd visited.
The thing is is to let the people around you now let them know how much they mean to you and the grudges that you may have with someone to be put aside.
you just never know when one more will be missing.
Cheers Alexander ..all your posts, knowledge and website are still helping us!

kang27
05-06-2008, 03:57 AM
He was the greatest man I ever knew, someone please help me get hold of his family. daisygirls07@yahoo.com I still am hoping to wake up and he is alive...15 yrs of searching to find out he passed two months ago...this can't be reality. I will scan and post the picts I have from his 30s asap.

fomoco59
05-06-2008, 07:28 AM
http://www.lincolnsofdistinction.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=20388

There's a recent photo of he and Julie at this link.

JCLipka
05-09-2008, 11:32 AM
Went looking for that picture...couldn't find it there. We should post his picture on the main page of our site, and leave it there permanently...to keep his presence in our lives in some small way. My contact with Alexander was brief and a digital one, but in a short time, as a newcomer to your group, I was made to feel welcome...and my complete ignorance was treated by Alex with a sincere desire to offer me assistance and share the world of knowledge he had on the subject matter. It's rare to find someone who cares enough about the people he meets in his everyday life enough to offer his time, let alone someone who is willing to do the same for a stranger sitting at his laptop thousands of miles away.
Let's devote this site to his memory and incorporate his photo onto the main page permanently.
It is my sincere hope that this site, which he worked so hard to maintain, continues to be the best **** place anywhere for information and comraderie for the owners of the car he loved so much.
John Lipka
1960 Convertible
Los Gatos, CA

Anders
05-09-2008, 12:00 PM
http://dftowel.com/carshows/northport052007/images/IMG_4890.JPG

Alexander, and his birds...

LuckyJay
05-09-2008, 03:55 PM
I agree with JCLipka on this. I only read all the threads that this man posted here. I am also lucky enough to get one (and installed last week with his instructions posted here) of his detent plates for our 60 HT. What a GREAT man and heckofa Car Guy.

kang27
05-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Could someone please let me know what the name and address of the cemetary Alex was place to rest in so when I go back home to NY I can pay my final respects. I would like to be able to go "visit" on the few occassions I can get back home.

Thunderhans
09-27-2008, 04:04 AM
This Saturday morning I am shocked!
Although I have visited the forum this summer, I coincidently read just today that Alexander passed away.

My sympathy goes to his family and close friends.

Hans