PDA

View Full Version : Generator to Alternator Conversion

Tbird1044
08-31-2017, 11:20 PM
I talked with Larry today, at Custom Replacement Automotive Products (C.R.A.P.) and he informed me that he has a new bracket available for the pre 1963 FE engines. It's not on the website, because he is having problems updating the C.R.A.P. website. With his permission, I'll attach his correspondence and also the pictures of the new bracket assembly. He also references a Summit Racing alternator, which he recommends. BTW, he has a late 60's model Mercury and Ford convertible, which he drives.
Here is his email he sent:
"I have attached photos of our 2 piece gen to alt conversion kit. This item is new and is not listed on our site. It is available in two versions, the first being raw unpainted steel ($109.00) and the 2nd being powder coated gloss black ($124.00). The small side bracket which allows you to mount an alternator on an early FE block is also steel and painted silver. The 2 pc allows you to use a Ford or GM standard size alternator. If you need more amperage we recommend an aftermarket alternator sold by Summit racing. Brand name Tuff Stuff in a Ford configuration Summit part number 7068. Of course we still sell the one piece stainless steel kit ($129.00) in polished version or black powder coated but it requires the use of a Ford 1st generation alternator, or an aftermarket alternator such as the Tuff Stuff mentioned above. If you have any questions feel free to contact me @ 815 634 8216. I am retiring now and will be putting up a new website and cutting back on development of new kits. I will still carry all the items I have listed now and a few extras that my existing website won't let me load. Some people have noted they are having trouble accessing my existing website due to using the latest Windows operating systems. Best to call in your orders and I can enter them for you. All prices plus shipping.

Larry Gueths
C.R.A.P.

Nyles

Djweaz
10-02-2017, 04:45 AM
I might be in the market for one of these. That is of course if this is a real company or a joke

p38fighter
10-02-2017, 07:15 AM
They are not. I have the new 2 piece unit. Not mounted yet but looks good.

RustyNCa
10-02-2017, 01:14 PM
They are not. I have the new 2 piece unit. Not mounted yet but looks good.

What's the advantage of it over the old style?

p38fighter
10-02-2017, 03:26 PM
1959 Convertible

Rusty I don't know the advantage have never seen the original.

Tbird1044
10-02-2017, 03:33 PM
If you have any questions, they have a phone number where you can talk with old guy that makes the brackets. That's what I did. I think the new bracket does not require the front bolt that is available on the later model engines, but I can't be sure of that.
Nyles

RustyNCa
10-02-2017, 05:55 PM
If you have any questions, they have a phone number where you can talk with old guy that makes the brackets. That's what I did. I think the new bracket does not require the front bolt that is available on the later model engines, but I can't be sure of that.
Nyles

Was just curious, I've been running his bracket on my TBird since way back in 2007 or 2006.

If you click this thumbnail, it's one photo that kinda shows the CRAP bracket I have.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m125/justacog/58TBird/th_P_00253.jpg (http://s103.photobucket.com/user/justacog/media/58TBird/P_00253.jpg.html)