PDA

View Full Version : Weather strip - where does it go

p38fighter
07-28-2017, 07:38 AM
1959 convertible
Previous PO left no photos or notes. I think this is for trunk but don't see where it goes. Anyone know?

simplyconnected
07-28-2017, 08:02 AM
Look on the bag and give us the part number.

OUR5T8BIRD
07-28-2017, 09:14 AM
Look on the bag and give us the part number.

Those two are for the convertible and go on the side of the package tray / flipper lid and the rear quarters .

jopizz
07-28-2017, 11:35 AM
The long portion goes in the groove and the shorter piece gets sandwiched around the trunk lip. Use trim adhesive to hold it in place.

John

p38fighter
07-28-2017, 02:27 PM
You cab see from this photo that there is no lip on this part of the water trough. You can see and feel metal repair underneath. It looks like the lip was eliminated. John Pizzi is it possible to get a tracing of the lip profile from your car so I can try to duplicate?
Any help is appreciated

jopizz
07-28-2017, 08:40 PM
You cab see from this photo that there is no lip on this part of the water trough. You can see and feel metal repair underneath. It looks like the lip was eliminated. John Pizzi is it possible to get a tracing of the lip profile from your car so I can try to duplicate?
Any help is appreciated

Sorry, the car is long gone. Maybe Carl Heller can help you out. It shouldn't be hard to make. It goes straight out from the end of the trunk lip and does a 90 degree bend.

John