PDA

View Full Version : Crackling in speakers

tbirdmike63
07-05-2017, 01:43 PM
Hey everyone, I have a 66 with the am/8 track, I replaced all 4 door speakers with new ones but I am still getting crackling hallow sound coming from the speakers, any ideas what is causing this? Thanks!

jopizz
07-05-2017, 06:59 PM
Best case scenario is that it's just a dirty volume control. Worse case is that you have problems in the amplifier section. Try spraying some contact cleaner in the volume pot.

John

yellow98cobra
07-06-2017, 09:45 AM
Before I installed the Petronix ignition, my distributor had a suppressor on it that stopped a lot of noise.

Identifying and suppressing radio interference
https://www.howacarworks.com/accessories/identifying-and-suppressing-radio-interference

jopizz
07-06-2017, 02:22 PM
Before I installed the Petronix ignition, my distributor had a suppressor on it that stopped a lot of noise.

If you only hear noise with the engine running then it's a noise suppression issue. If it happens without the engine running then it's most likely in the radio.

John

Wade
07-08-2017, 12:59 PM
It would be helpful to know if you hear that the crackling sound occurs when either radio or 8 track plays or only the radio or only the 8 track. Also if engine is running or not makes a difference. Another trouble shooting hint is if the noise level is varied by the volume control or does it remain constant even if volume control is turned down.