PDA

View Full Version : 1960 sunroof car

bmcgc
02-09-2017, 04:08 PM
there is a 60 sunroof bird with a squarebird decal in the window at the Chicago Gateway showroom for sale.

Does it or did it belong to anyone here?

http://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/chicago/1960/ford/thunderbird-S1151.html

YellowRose
02-09-2017, 05:10 PM
I have reported the update on this Tbird to John Rotella, who has it listed in his Tbird Registry already. It is interesting that this Golde Top also has port holes in the C Column... There are a lot of pix to look at on the link to it.

OX1
02-09-2017, 07:15 PM
I have reported the update on this Tbird to John Rotella, who has it listed in his Tbird Registry already. It is interesting that this Golde Top also has port holes in the C Column... There are a lot of pix to look at on the link to it.

Pretty cool. Where they optional, or
stolen from a 57?

YellowRose
02-09-2017, 08:16 PM
Hi Henry, there are a number of '58-'60 Squarebirds with port holes installed in the C column. Several members on here are owners of them. One lives in The Netherlands, for example and owns a '58 with port holes. That would be Marco ~ Dutchbird, who owns the '58 that came out of San Antonio many years ago, where I live. No, they were not an option, just something that some people liked because it broke up that solid C column somewhat like it did on the Babybirds. Personally, I happen to like the effect, though of course, it is not OEM.

Here is what Marco's '58 looked like when it lived here in San Antonio. Then what it looks like after Marco bought it and had it imported... Marco's '58 Squarebird is a past recipient of the Tbird Of The Month selection in a past years Squarebirds.org calendar.

KENN
02-09-2017, 09:30 PM
I Noticed Under Hood Booster With Ac Plenum. Looks Factory. Also Power Window Switches On Rear Side Panels. Were They An Option? Kenn

jopizz
02-09-2017, 09:42 PM
I Noticed Under Hood Booster With Ac Plenum. Looks Factory. Also Power Window Switches On Rear Side Panels. Were They An Option? Kenn

Good catch on the booster with A/C. The window switches are from a later model, not an option in '60.

John

jopizz
02-09-2017, 09:47 PM
The window switches are in the wrong place on the console. Either the car originally came with manual windows or the console has been replaced. Nothing in the interior color wise really matches what should have come from the factory.

John

bmcgc
02-10-2017, 12:28 AM
Me and that car are both 56, nothing really matches on me either.

YellowRose
02-10-2017, 12:35 AM
LMBO... Nothing seems to match on me either anymore at 81!