PDA

View Full Version : Painting White walls

Frango100
01-26-2017, 02:32 PM
I did read about cleaning White walls, but is there a good way to paint hem? My White walls are more Yellow walls now, even after cleaning.

sidewalkman
01-26-2017, 02:59 PM
I did read about cleaning White walls, but is there a good way to paint hem? My White walls are more Yellow walls now, even after cleaning.

You can try using white rubber paint but in my experience it's always a disappointment when you see the end result!

Dan Leavens
01-26-2017, 10:51 PM
Frank definitely painting the white walls will be a disaster. Go to the Search Button n the main age and type in " Whitewall cleaning " There has been several discussions on our site over the years on how to clean them.

Yadkin
01-27-2017, 08:16 AM
My dad used to use a Brillo pad.

scumdog
01-27-2017, 12:56 PM
Mine went increasingly brown over a few months, it looked like the black rubber was leaching through from behind the white wall.
Anyway I tried the following to make them white again;
Jiff (liquid scourer)
Hand Andy (ammonia based)
Turtle Wax Cutting compound
Tyre cleaner. ( two types)
Scotchbrite
1200 Wet'n'Dry sandpaper
Abrasive hand-cleaner
Paint thinner
And the only one that worked was turpentine, had to dip a rag in it and rub vigorously and even then they didn't go as white as I would have liked.

sidewalkman
01-27-2017, 02:45 PM
Mine went increasingly brown over a few months, it looked like the black rubber was leaching through from behind the white wall.
Anyway I tried the following to make them white again;
Jiff (liquid scourer)
Hand Andy (ammonia based)
Turtle Wax Cutting compound
Tyre cleaner. ( two types)
Scotchbrite
1200 Wet'n'Dry sandpaper
Abrasive hand-cleaner
Paint thinner
And the only one that worked was turpentine, had to dip a rag in it and rub vigorously and even then they didn't go as white as I would have liked.

the best results I've gotten was with a grease cutter and it works slick, sandpaper is not a solution since you're actually getting rid of rubber