PDA

View Full Version : Spareparts to Germany

sagembox
01-10-2017, 05:59 AM
Hello community!!
As you know im from Germany, an the problem is, spareparts for my bird are realy rare. I need a front end rebuild kit and i found it allready in the web, but the seller do not ship international. Could anybody give me an tip how much is the fee for a package from Opelika, 36801, United States | To: Messtetten, 72469, Germany. Total weight is 30lbs or alternatively 15lbs. A friend of mine stays the next 4-5 weeks in opelika and he could send it further to me. But that all depends on the fee for the package.

Thanks for your response!!
Markus

Dakota Boy
01-10-2017, 08:06 AM
I sent some headers to Australia and the shipping cost was just as much as the headers! Your shipment may be different, but I would be prepared for a shock...

partsetal
01-10-2017, 09:08 AM
US Post Office Priority Mail using a Medium flat-rate box, max 20 lbs would cost 66.00 to GE. Great price as far as international shipping goes. Carl

YellowRose
01-10-2017, 10:20 AM
Hi Markus, many people do what you are doing. Either taking them back with them if they are visiting in this country or having someone who is bring them back with them. There are other means of having parts shipped to you, such as having them placed in a container on our East Coast and shipped that way. Here is information from the Advertisements Forum on how other Tbird owners in Europe have their parts and classic cars shipped to them. One of them should work for you. Here is that link. I hope this helps!

http://www.squarebirds.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19850

sagembox
01-11-2017, 05:52 AM
Thanks for your replys!! Very apreciated about that!
Maybe anybody can do a service for me?
I order the parts i need, send them to somebody from the forum and i will scedule an UPS pickup to bring the parts over the big sea

Regards
Markus

Joe Johnston
01-11-2017, 10:06 AM
Is there any way you could gain access through a friend having an APO address?

sagembox
01-17-2017, 06:47 AM
Thanks for aour answers!!
The shipping problem is solved!:D
Soon the bird will be back on the road

Markus

Dan Leavens
01-18-2017, 08:26 AM
Markus glad to hear you solved your shipping issue.