PDA

View Full Version : Reverse problem

Frango100
12-27-2016, 07:26 AM
Ho ho ho, happy holiday season:D.
My next problem: with a cold transmission, all is working fine. Once the transmission is hot for a longer time, when putting into Reverse, it seems to be in Neutral and doesn´t move at all. Any idea what the problem can be?

jopizz
12-27-2016, 11:32 AM
If you haven't done a routine service (clean the filter and fill with new type "F" fluid) that's what I would recommend. If you've already done that then it may need an adjustment or something more serious.

John

Frango100
12-27-2016, 06:38 PM
I have not changed the filter nor fluid myself, but it should have been done less then 900 miles ago. The fluid looks clean and fresh. There is only not an F type fluid in the transmission, its not available overhere. The fluid which is in there is a Dexron III equivalent. It shifts fine, the only problem is Reverse when hot.

sidewalkman
01-03-2017, 12:27 PM
I have not changed the filter nor fluid myself, but it should have been done less then 900 miles ago. The fluid looks clean and fresh. There is only not an F type fluid in the transmission, its not available overhere. The fluid which is in there is a Dexron III equivalent. It shifts fine, the only problem is Reverse when hot.

I had some of that problem, and it was the linkage out of adjustment by a fraction.

Frango100
01-03-2017, 03:30 PM
I had some of that problem, and it was the linkage out of adjustment by a fraction.

Thanks for that Scott, I have quite some play on the shift mechanism, which can be a part of the problem. It seems that a locally made shift lever was installed on the lower steering shaft, which has some play on it. That will be a new project for the near future to tackle.