PDA

View Full Version : Temp Gauge

sagembox
12-16-2016, 03:20 AM
Hey there,
whatīs the normal shown temp on the gauge? My gauge only shows very low temp. Is there an option to fix the issue?
I think the operating temp should be in the middle of the gauge. Is this right?
Could anybody offer the resistance values of the sensor for cold engine and warm engine?

Regards Markus

YellowRose
12-16-2016, 03:27 AM
Hi Markus, yes, the temp gauge when running normally should be showing at about the halfway mark. There is information in the Technical Resource Library on how to adjust that gauge to get it to read properly. But you will have to take out the gauge and get to the back of it to access the little gears that control the settings. It will probably take some doing to get it right. Check out the TRL, the link to which is always part of my signature element.

Frango100
12-16-2016, 06:40 AM
Donīt know the resistance values, but the manual states that the instrument can be tested by momentarily shorting the wire from the sending unit to ground, the indicator should go to full scale.
You can also test the instrument out of the car with the help of two 1.5V batteries in series, connected to the instrument. The indication should be close to the H mark.
It can also be that the thermostat is failed open and the coolant temperature really stays low.