PDA

View Full Version : Squarebird at SEMA

partsetal
11-04-2016, 09:06 AM
While at SEMA this past week, I spotted this lone 58 parked in an Exhibitors area. It was early, and no one there had any details other than it had a Coyote motor.
Carl

Dan Leavens
11-04-2016, 09:12 AM
Carl that is certainly a different build:rolleyes:

jopizz
11-05-2016, 12:05 PM
For all the money that was spent it certainly doesn't have much eye appeal.

John

Dan Leavens
11-06-2016, 10:49 AM
John I agree with you. The lack of chrome on the bumpers and going Matt black takes away from the POP:eek: factor don't you think?

RustyNCa
11-07-2016, 12:55 PM
While at SEMA this past week, I spotted this lone 58 parked in an Exhibitors area. It was early, and no one there had any details other than it had a Coyote motor.
Carl

Yeah, that birds been around for just a couple years. If I remember right it's out of Utah. It has a Coyote 5.0 motor with RideTech airbags for suspension.

The things I didn't like about it were they shaved the door handles, which I think are cool on the car and they removed the drip rails. But I love the stance the car has and the wheels are great.

dgs
11-22-2016, 10:33 PM
I saw it too and I thought it looked fantastic in person. The lack of chrome is a non-traditional choice and not everyone will appreciate it, I thought the charcoal with the cream was a great choice.

The Ring Brothers '48 Caddy that was there too was a similar cream & charcoal (actually carbon fiber, I believe) and looked great as well.

It's actually a '48 Caddy skin dropped over a new ATS-V chassis with the full ATS interior. The only disappointment was the overly simple grille.

Dan Leavens
11-23-2016, 08:52 AM
Doug now that is just a cool build.

It loses a bit of appeal with the cream white colour though. Triple black would have been my preference to accent the chrome:D

keith
11-26-2016, 08:57 PM
I saw that at SEMA too. It looked like they used some kind of material that matched the grille insert and used it as a throwback 60'-70's lace pattern on the paint job in a couple of places.

partsetal
01-08-2017, 03:54 PM
I came across this article with more details of this car: http://www.hotrod.com/articles/alex-shorts-modern-custom-1958-t-bird/