PDA

View Full Version : 63 TBird in the neighborhood (For Sale)

byersmtrco
11-02-2016, 02:34 PM
Howdy,

I'm not posting this in the classifieds because I'm not selling it.
There is an orig owner 63 hardtop around the corner from my house. 97K mi - All orig. She's asking too much ($10.5) in my opinion, but I'm sure she'd take less. I'm thinking it was her late husbands car. It's in good shape, but like I said it's all original.
It's supposed to run & drive. If I had the time & $$$, I'd buy it as a retro - rod project.
If interested I can put you in contact with her.

Thanks,

John

pat64tbird
11-02-2016, 10:43 PM
Nice looking Thunderbird.

Yadkin
11-03-2016, 06:13 AM
Looks like a class III receiver on that bad boy!

arizonajack
11-05-2016, 02:43 PM
If you want to be a good neighbor advise her to get that hitch removed and dispose of it.

As a frequent buyer I am always suspicious of passenger cars that have them, wondering what kind of abnormal use (or abuse) the car has been put through.

Yadkin
11-06-2016, 06:27 AM
Good idea. When I restored my friends 65 Galaxie convertible we found some rust in the trunk floor, mostly around the trailer hitch that was bolted to the trunk floor with a backing plate. I removed it and tossed it. Not exactly a structural masterpiece.

byersmtrco
11-07-2016, 04:01 PM
I mentioned that to her.
About removing the hitch. I think he towed a small
boat with it. I could find out for sure. That is a pretty good
size hitch on there.
I doubt she'll do anything. It's an older lady. I haven't got much
info, but I'm guessing the hubby died and she just wants it out of there. She doesn't like to drive it. She's asking too much. There's a spot near here where people park cars for sale on Sunday mornings. I may offer to drive it down there for her and leave it all day. Totally safe location (Danville, Ca)
Then I'd have a good idea how it runs/drives etc. Like I said earlier, I'd like a bullet bird as a retro rod, but I'd want a 62. The body is cleaner. My opinion.