PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand "Beach Hop" S&S

YellowRose
04-04-2016, 04:56 PM
Tom ~ scumdog sent me some pix to post from their Beach Hop S&S. Here is what he had to say!

The first one is of our F100 'Fat Cat', another is of sunrise at Whangamata where the Beach Hop is based. This event is one of the biggest of its type in NZ and regularly has people bringing their cars over from the USA and Australia for it. Regards, Tom

Here are the pix he sent.

scumdog
04-04-2016, 05:19 PM
Thanks Ray, that last pic is of a turbo'd Model A Ford motor, the little truck also has a quick-change rear end and is surprisingly quick.

YellowRose
04-05-2016, 11:37 AM
Hi Ray, Here are some more, the first pic is just to show the vast variety of cars that attend the Beach Hop, one car I threw in just to see who knows what it is! The black Model A coupe is powered by a stroked 351 Windsor putting out 700hp! - and it's a regular street driven car. And if you look at one pic with our F100 'Fat Cat' in it you may notice the Texas flags at each end of the tail-gate.

Here are the additional pix that Tom ~ scumdog sent me.

YellowRose
04-06-2016, 12:07 AM
More comments and pix from Tom ~ scumdog, from The Land Of The Long White Cloud".

"Yep, some more pics, the first two for Dave Dare, Dakota Boy and other petrol-heads (gear-heads?) of the Squarebirds forum, it's a '83 F100 running a twin-turbo'd FE motor. The middle pic is a view from our apartment and the last pic was taken while I was standing on the deck of Fat Cat to show the cars lining up for the grand parade."

Here are the pix!

tbird430
04-06-2016, 10:53 AM
Quite a gathering!! :)

YellowRose
04-07-2016, 03:36 PM
Tom ~ scumdog had this to say along with his final pix send.

"Hi Ray, As I'm on the way home I thought I'd make these the last pics from the Beach Hop. How does the price of that '66 GTO compare to US prices? (Bearing in mind our dollar is only worth 65 U.S. Cents!) And if you wonder where all the nice cars have gone from Texas? - they're all over here in NZ! This little Mustang convertible was just one of a few at the Hop that still had the Texas stickers on the windscreen. The final pic was taken on the street beside our apartment - big assortment huh!
Again thanks so much for your efforts at getting these pics onto Squarebirds, hopefully they are enjoyed by those that view them. Regards, Tom"

Just recently, Texas has eliminated one of the two window stickers we used to have to put on our cars as you see in one of these pictures. A Registration and an Inspection sticker. Now, before you can register your car and get a Registration sticker, you must have your car inspected. The inspector gives you an inspection form stating your car has passed inspection. You take it, along with proof of insurance, and your drivers license, with you when you apply for your registration sticker. Thanks for sending all the pix, Tom! They have been a pleasure to look at. Here are the pix.