View Full Version : Filler tube seal- can't find a new one

01-19-2016, 08:48 PM
This is really weird. I bought this seal previously and it got damaged and has to be replaced. I can't find a replacement anywhere. I looked through all my receipts and can't find who I purchased it from.

I located the part number in my Body/Interior Assembly Manual, Page 4-4990: C4SB-9072 Seal, Fuel Tank Filler to Floor Pan.

Google has failed me.

01-20-2016, 04:32 AM
Mac's sells them for $1.95 ea. CLICK HERE (http://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_thunderbird/ford-thunderbird-gas-tank-neck-o-ring-1961-66.html)

01-20-2016, 12:04 PM
That's exactly what I found using that part number, but that's the seal from the filler tube to the tank. I'm looking for the outer filler pipe to the floor pan. It's item 4 in this diagram.

01-20-2016, 03:08 PM
The part number you have is correct. It's definitely not the right part though. The parts diagram shows two different seals with a 9072 part number.


01-20-2016, 03:24 PM
I found the part number on the old piece, it's C4SZ-9072-A1. Does not come up on Mac's site, or anywhere on Google.

01-20-2016, 03:37 PM
If it was being reproduced it looks like it no longer is. You may have to improvise. It gets covered up anyway so no one is going to see it.


01-20-2016, 04:16 PM
It won't be the first time. Thanks.

01-22-2016, 12:15 AM
Steve, check some of the Old Parts, NOS Parts listed in the Advertisements Forum. Call them, and the first thing they are probably going to ask you for is the part number. Since you have it, if they have it, they should tell you. If they do not have it, some have the ability to check nationally, to see who does have it. Ask them to check across the nation.

01-22-2016, 10:25 AM
Thanks Ray but I already did a work-around. This car is far from original, tons of modifications so as long as I seal the trunk from the underneath it's all good.